Wrestlemania 38 - A Stupendous Weekend in Dallas

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kamran said:

First thought: what the hell has happened to Seth Rollins? Are all their heels Dolph Ziggler now?

Second thought: if you ignore the Cody rumours, this feels far more like a build to a surprise squash with the undertaker than it does a competitive match with a new debut.

3 minutes ago, Duke said:

First thought: what the hell has happened to Seth Rollins? Are all their heels Dolph Ziggler now?

Second thought: if you ignore the Cody rumours, this feels far more like a build to a surprise squash with the undertaker than it does a competitive match with a new debut.

Yeah man I agree completely with this. I can't help but feel this is going to be a massive disappointment in terms of what everyone is expecting 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah man I agree completely with this. I can't help but feel this is going to be a massive disappointment in terms of what everyone is expecting 

You say that, but I'm not sure Cody Rhodes is actually an upgrade on The Undertaker.

Imagine typing that sentence 5 years ago, yikes.

Anyway, I sort of think Cody's star is at its biggest before he debuts. Hell have one feud and everyone will go "oh yeah, it's Cody Rhodes. Didn't he used to have a tache?". Keep the myth of the genre defying renegade alive, never actually put him on the show.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the cheesy music they played at the start, playing it for laughs.

I’m stunned that they are going to play off Cody as “chosen by Vince”. Unless Rollins beats him.

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Not a popular opinion on here I know but this version of Seth is the most entertaining in a long time for me.

Yeah I used to hate the guy but he does make me smile when I see him on Raw highlights these days. We're always crying out for any old off the wall shite, and his dodgy Jared Leto gimmick adds a bit of dynamic and variety to the show. 

3 hours ago, Duke said:

Anyway, I sort of think Cody's star is at its biggest before he debuts. Hell have one feud and everyone will go "oh yeah, it's Cody Rhodes. Didn't he used to have a tache?". Keep the myth of the genre defying renegade alive, never actually put him on the show.

Is that why they're keeping him off tv to grow the Dashing Cody Rhodes moustache again?

It does make me laugh that the few years they have moved the event to two nights just coincides with the two years where they have the least amount of "stars" available to make it work.

This year, a 4 hour one night event would actually be pretty good.

Could have been something along the following.. (keeping most matches and making a couple of changes in others)

WWE/Universal Title - Brock vs Roman

Smackdown Womens Title - Charlotte vs Ronda

Raw Womens Title - Becky vs Bianca

US Title - Balor vs Preist vs Miz vs Mysterio

IC Title - Ricochet vs Sheamus

AJ vs Edge

Seth vs Cody

Zayn vs Knoxville

Smackdown Tag Title - Usos vs Nakamura/Boogs

Raw Tag Title - Orton/Riddle vs Alpha Academy vs Street Profits

KO Show with Stone Cold

Not sure we need any more than that this year.

8 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Seth is the worst wrestler of all time relative to his push.

Is he though? I get some people find him annoying but he was really successful in ROH then NXT then WWE. There's a lot of people in the industry that clearly see him as a very talented individual and a lot of them probably know what they're talking about. I'd say he's had some questionable character work over the years in WWE certainly. But even beyond his part in The Shield, I'd say his work vs Lesnar and Cena as well as the Raw gauntlet match for example.. I can see why they get behind him so much.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is he though? I get some people find him annoying but he was really successful in ROH then NXT then WWE. There's a lot of people in the industry that clearly see him as a very talented individual and a lot of them probably know what they're talking about. I'd say he's had some questionable character work over the years in WWE certainly. But even beyond his part in The Shield, I'd say his work vs Lesnar and Cena as well as the Raw gauntlet match for example.. I can see why they get behind him so much.

He's among the most actorly performers of any kind I've ever seen. My disbelief is never suspended when watching him.

He gets some marks for effort for trying to develop some on-screen personality, but he was actually more tolerable as a workrate geek than he is with the laughably ill-fitting character he plays now. He isn't playing himself turned up to 11. He's playing someone else turned up to 11.

Edited by Pinc

• Paid Members

Seths a very good wrestler. Unfortunately he wasn’t a good singles main event babyface as he came across smug and disingenuous, so everyone got sick of him.