Wrestlemania 38 - A Stupendous Weekend in Dallas

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Logan Paul is a natural fit for pro wrestling, just a truly obnoxious prick you want to see get punched in the face.
I hope he sticks around.

I haven't watched WWE since SummerSlam last year but one thing really stood out - has the commentary always been this annoying?. I think if Honestly, if they'd have said 'Seth Frickin' Rollins' one more time I would have smashed my screen.

Just smiled the whole time seeing Austin back. It makes me feel REALLY old that his last match was 19 years ago though. A really enjoyable brawl,

Becky and Bianca was outstanding and, as has been said, the difference between how the women are presented in WWE to anywhere is else is night and day - they come across as superstars.

Am looking forward to what they deliver tonight. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m glad he’s back. I think he is where he wants to be. That said… The camera work for the entrance was awful. The camera work throughout wasn’t great either missing the barricade spot completely. The fact Cody hat to hit his finisher 3 times to beat Rollins I thought was poor booking that made him look weak. Felt the match overall was overbooked. As an AEW fan I’m not miffed at all he left, he had got proper stale, so I hope this works out, but thought it wasn’t great. 

Austin vs KO will be considered a match, but it was just a slightly bigger version of his beat downs from other events over the years. And he’s certainly not Sting in the ring. But if that’s what he wanted, fair play to him

Hang on @Kfogg1991 you actually paid for the event?

Austin took a suplex onto concrete, what more do you want from the man? 

Well given the fatigue of modern WWE, how poor the tv shows have been recently, how uninspiring the card has looked… what a fantastic night of wrestling that was.

Even in its own without a Night 2, that was a great PPV.  Becky and Bianca had a belting match, they very nearly stole the show.  Flair v Rousey was a hell of a lot better than we had any right to expect given Rousey’s Rumble performance.

Cody Rhodes has really put the cat amongst the pigeons hasn’t he?  Busted the real forbidden door open, taken his AEW character and status and brought it all to WWE.  Had a really, really good match and won clean over one of their top stars.  He looked like a bigger star than he has in AEW since almost the start, and must surely make a few malcontents over there start dusting off their numbers for Road Dogg.

….

And then we have Austin.  I’m a 45 year old man and that match took me right back to the night when Hogan faced the Rock at WM18 - I was as giddy as a schoolgirl.

The best thing was.. how much fun they both looked like they were having.  KO gets to retire Austin at Wrestlemania, sold like a boss, looked after him like he was wrestling the Pope.  And Austin was just loving being out there and going one more time.

…

All this to show that when the WWE wants to, which is very rarely, it can still make jaded old wrestling fans bounce off their sofas.

Edited by Loki

3 hours ago, Perry said:

Well I heard from a mate that had seen the announcement last night, as I obviously stuck to my guns and didn't watch it.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Seeing how it's Night 2, probably a shit sandwich

We get it, you think WWE is shit and you won't be watching.

Which is a shame as if you put your bias to one side, on last nights show they demonstrated that they still can deliver. 

• Paid Members

Corey Graves was fucking irritating as shit during the main event. Constantly saying "BROKEN SKULL LAGER" every time that Stone Cold grabbed a beer. Felt like a shit advert. Graves aside though, I enjoyed the Main Event. 

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Not surprised to hear that Logan Paul was apparently a good heel. Him and his brother notorious shit heads, right?

I did gain a lot of respect for him for the effort he clearly put in. I'm all for celebs that come in and take it seriously.

But yeah hes definitely been a dick before.

Had to watch back the Austin match just to make sure it happened. He's definitely had about a half dozen main event brawls before that have been worse than this. Refuelling on his own beer, the concrete bump, KO - a guy that's been brilliant for years and rarely with the kind of angles he was after to go with it - getting a WrestleMania main event match with him. Brilliant. 

All it was missing was a turn-back-the-clock JR. Makes you realise what a huge part of the Stone Cold character his commentary was. I'd even have taken Cole over the chump squad. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Kevin Owens bumped like a king for Austin. Was great fun to watch.

Pretty much everyone and their dog said before hand keep that Austin should keep it short, talk trash stunner and beer which made sense. But Austin and Owens gave us a lot more. Loved it. 

Vince has still got his marbles and is still giving us great nights like this.