Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

19 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

I watched this week as much for PPV prep but because of the debut of Utami Hayashishita. She got the jobber introduction already in the ring with no entrance. If you have someone that's meant to be this big star, maybe present them as such! Show, don't tell. They know the value of a decent entrance as just before they had Shibata make a post-match appearance.

Someone on reddit claimed that her addition to the tapings was a last minute decision so they didn't have Utami's music on hand but I'm not sure buy that since she had it on every other show she worked.

3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Someone on reddit claimed that her addition to the tapings was a last minute decision so they didn't have Utami's music on hand but I'm not sure buy that since she had it on every other show she worked.

There's no video when you catch a glimpse of the entrance post-match and the music has been edited in as it wasn't used live. I can only assume with it being last minute they were being rather litigious in case it never cleared.

--------

Really enjoyed the PPV. My only real fault is similar to Supercard where the two key title matches saw the champions retain. Takes the wind out of the sails.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

There's no video when you catch a glimpse of the entrance post-match and the music has been edited in as it wasn't used live. I can only assume with it being last minute they were being rather litigious in case it never cleared.

--------

Really enjoyed the PPV. My only real fault is similar to Supercard where the two key title matches saw the champions retain. Takes the wind out of the sails.

Surprised you’ve not been praising the woman’s match headlining the show.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Surprised you’ve not been praising the woman’s match headlining the show.

Thought it was a great match, the best of the 3 they've had. Like I said though the two main titles ending in the champion retaining soured me to them. Athena's kind of done it all under this version of ROH unless they bring in more imports.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

You'd also assume that most wrestlers have their music on hand at all times, these days.

I thought they had it microchipped in them like those action figures. How else would it start playing the second they sprint out to make a save?

• Paid Members

You might be able to get the song on YouTube in seconds, you can't get broadcast rights for it anything like as quickly. Given that she was training with WWE talent earlier in the week, I imagine it was a last minute decision and a bit of one-upmanship. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

You might be able to get the song on YouTube in seconds, you can't get broadcast rights for it anything like as quickly. Given that she was training with WWE talent earlier in the week, I imagine it was a last minute decision and a bit of one-upmanship. 

Hey Paul, did you ever think about Broadcast rights when you we’re running ECW?i don't know idk GIF by WWE

• Paid Members

ROH as a product is ice cold but this show was very fun overall. Pac vs Claudio was absolutely bananas with some insane bumps, a fun garbage brawl with the Dark Order, Shibata vs my boy Daniel Garcia was really fun with a hilarious ending and Athena vs Willow was another absolute cracker from these two stars. If you like easy to watch and enjoyable wrestling then check this show out.

• Paid Members

Literally just visited the thread to see if anyone could enlighten me if Claudio vs Pac was as good as I imagine it could be, which is as good as it would have been in 2009 or up there with the best Claudio vs Generico matches...

21 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Pac vs Claudio was absolutely bananas

Ta.

• Paid Members

Super late to watching the PPV but it comes highly recommended for that main event alone. Fantastic. Probably second to only Charlotte vs. Rhea for women’s match of the year. There is absolutely no denying it any more. Willow Nightingale is the one.

Caprice screaming for her to not tap just before the finish was one of the best calls I’ve heard in ages. Phenomenal. I was so gutted when she passed out and lost.

Jamie Hayter returning to win at Wembley is too perfect a story to ignore in the short term, but long-term this entire division needs to revolve around Willow Nightingale. She’s the best. Babyface of the year. Everything Bayley should have been on WWE’s main roster.

Huge shout to Dark Order’s new heel gimmick, dressed like evil contestants on Big Break.

IMG_5635.png.0ea7e756530c9c9d6d9e6176934c7039.png

“We’re gonna be snookering YOU tonight!”

Edited by Supremo