Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

Oh that is fucking shit. His performance in Cracker is one of the all time great ones. Proper TV.

Edit: My old man has just reminded me of his cameo in Blackadder The Third, also brilliant.

For those that haven't seen it, I suppose Atkinson makes the scene but Coltrane plays it perfectly. 

Contrafibularities! I still use some of these words when I'm pissing about with my Dad. 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

It got me badly the first time I watched it and my gf, who only knew him from Harry Potter fully lost it when this came on the documentary. Just a wonderful moment and a goodbye to a franchise. 

I think for people our age he means something different to people who (rightfully) love him for Harry Potter. 

He was part of the older comic strip presents stuff and was always a comedy actor in my eyes and Nuns on the run seemed to be a far bigger deal in my memory than it actually was. Then he managed to reinvent himself, not only as a serious actor but full on top tier with Cracker. Then he gets to do it again and becomes the friendly face for a whole generation, something he seemed to love. 

Edited by chokeout

I remember being gutted when I first found out he was a posho luvvie dahling but despite a few diva moments he seemed like a decent guy. Because I’m old, I always associated him with Laugh? I Nearly Paid My License Fee and The Young Ones. As a mark of respect, it’s worth remembering that he never appeared in Frasier. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh that is fucking shit. His performance in Cracker is one of the all time great ones. Proper TV.

Edit: My old man has just reminded me of his cameo in Blackadder The Third, also brilliant.

For those that haven't seen it, I suppose Atkinson makes the scene but Coltrane plays it perfectly. 

Contrafibularities! I still use some of these words when I'm pissing about with my Dad. 

The Doctor Johnson episode of that was great but every year watching Blackadders Christmas Carol and him as the ghost is great too.