Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

14 minutes ago, LSM said:

I still remember Arthur's breakdown even now. Man that scared the living daylights out of me as a kid.

Spot on LSM. he was a tremendous actor.

Mid eighties there was not many spoilers and during his characters breakdown he is putting his two youngest kids to bed (or maybe Martin and Vivki) with his remarks to the second one being "right, your turn".  This made a lot of folk think the story line was to be he'd offed them.

Due to social media that is unlikely to happen now unless there was an insanely short gap between filming and broadcast.

Either way those scenes cement how good a character actor the man was.

• Paid Members

Kevin Conroy, the Iconic Voice of Batman, Has Died at 66 (escapistmagazine.com) Here is an article.

For a generation he was Batman. His voice was completely synonymous with the role and as Keith said, he even did the voices in the best Batman video games as well. Sad times. 

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Kevin Conroy, the Iconic Voice of Batman, Has Died at 66 (escapistmagazine.com) Here is an article.

For a generation he was Batman. His voice was completely synonymous with the role and as Keith said, he even did the voices in the best Batman video games as well. Sad times. 

Fuck! That's hit me hard. Such a nice guy too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not seen the Batman animated stuff but the voice acting in the Arkham games was incredible. 

I'm not a big superhero or comic fan but it's well worth seeking out a couple of the episodes. Not sure how true it is but I've heard they fought hard to keep elements in the show against the network who felt it was too adult or dark.

I've not watched it for years, so this may be nostalgia, but beware the grey ghost, perchance to dream and heart of ice are all fantastic episodes with some great voice acting. 

• Paid Members

Ah fuck not the best Batman. I read Batman in his voice. A legend that I will really miss.

• Paid Members

He looked so gaunt in the Crisis episodes a couple of years ago, I’m not really surprised by this news.  Brought unique life to the character just by his voice, it’s a real shame.

Fucking gutted by that news, the campy Adam West series was my introduction to Batman but Kevin Conroy is the definitive actor for the role, live action or animated. As others have said, reading any Batman comic it’s his voice you hear in your head (the exception being Batman 89 as it’s literally the Keaton version)