Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Probably my favourite too - obviously everyone loves Stevie, but Christine McVie was on more of my favourite tracks, like Dreams and Sweet Little Lies.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That was a Stevie song, she sang it and wrote it. 

I've confused it with something else. Obviously a song that I'm really big on!

Posted
54 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I've confused it with something else. Obviously a song that I'm really big on!

Could it be “Everywhere”?  For people my age, Tango In The Night was often the first time we saw Fleetwood Mac as opposed to knowing of them. I remember at the time asking “Is that all that other woman does? Twirl her flowing skirts and do backing vocals?” Christine was who I considered the vocalist!

  • Paid Members
Posted
49 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Could it be “Everywhere”?  For people my age, Tango In The Night was often the first time we saw Fleetwood Mac as opposed to knowing of them. I remember at the time asking “Is that all that other woman does? Twirl her flowing skirts and do backing vocals?” Christine was who I considered the vocalist!

It is! Thanks. Superb track. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham undoubtedly had better solo careers, but it's McVie's Mac songs I return to the most (close run with Buckingham though). Think About Me, Songbird, Over My Head, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Sugar Daddy are songs I can hear a thousand times and not get bored. There's only really one Nicks Mac tune I love on the same level (Silver Springs).

  • Moderators
Posted

I didn't know that McVie wrote "Don't Stop" as well, I'd always assumed that was a Buckingham song. Speaking of Buckingham...has he come out with anything massively rude/offensive about her passing?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Off topic but for years I thought Lindsey Buckingham was the woman and Stevie Nicks was the man.

 

Edited by Tommy!
Posted

Steve "Cast Iron" Smith, the lead singer for the antifascist Oi! band Red Alert passed away on the 30th of last month, probably the most outspoken lefty of the skinhead scene in this country.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...