Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The first Jimmy White's game was something special, it felt light-years ahead of any other sports simulation at the time.

And the Little jokes in those games like the Cue ball getting a face and blowing a raspberry if you took too long, or the trousers falling down in IK+ were lovely. I remember buying a PS version of IK+ years later and it was still as good as I remembered on the Amiga. Great body of work.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

And the Little jokes in those games like the Cue ball getting a face and blowing a raspberry if you took too long, or the trousers falling down in IK+ were lovely. I remember buying a PS version of IK+ years later and it was still as good as I remembered on the Amiga. Great body of work.

There was a version of IK on Gameboy Advance that was so good. 

• Paid Members

Ruggero Deodato has passed at 83.  Directed one of the most famous, and truly gross of the Video Nasties, and the first found footage movie Cannibal Holocaust. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Ruggero Deodato has passed at 83.  Directed one of the most famous, and truly gross of the Video Nasties, and the first found footage movie Cannibal Holocaust. 

I'm not upset about this. Killing real live animals for entertainment is the worst thing I've seen in a film. I was at a convention he was at and I nearly put my money where my mouth was and told him what I thought of him but I didn't want to cause a scene and miss my chance to meet Kelly Kelly later.

I'm really gutted about Vivienne Westwood. A true original amongst a sea of very samey designers. You can always spot one of her creations from a mile away. She will be missed 

Edited by deathrey

I went for a curry with Ruggero Deodato once. Not just me and him, obviously. That would be mental. It was at the end of the first day of a two-day conference on Italian horror cinema. I was giving a paper and he was the guest of honour, giving an on-stage interview and introducing one of his films IIRC. Seemed like a nice enough fella. Catriona MacColl and Luigi Cozzi wee there, too. 

As far as his films, Cannibal Holocaust is a landmark film in a couple of genres and sub-genres. Hard to stomach some of the animal cruelty on show, mind. 

I'm a lot sadder about the death of Ian Tyson, the Canadian country ans western singer-songwriter, who died yesterday aged 89. Tremendously talented and with a distinctive voice, he's probably best known as one half of Ian & Sylvia, but he made some tremendous records as a solo artist. 

RIP. 

Edited by SaitoRyo