The 2022 strip out Triple H's vision thread

garynysmon

11 minutes ago, seph said:

I'll go a bit further and say they're engineering a sale by stripping down everything that's not 'essential' and packaging it up, letting the buyer worry about its future.

This sounds to me like disaster capitalism, and I have nothing good to say about that at all.

Agreed, but... they're in the middle of building a whole new Titan Towers in Stamford aren't they? Ā Like literally a huge building from the ground up. Ā That's a long-term investment which they'd not bother to do if they were selling the IP in the next 12 months.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Agreed, but... they're in the middle of building a whole new Titan Towers in Stamford aren't they? Ā Like literally a huge building from the ground up. Ā That's a long-term investment which they'd not bother to do if they were selling the IP in the next 12 months.

Very good point, but I'm convinced that it's completely impossible to overestimate crazy shit with that outfit.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, seph said:

I'll go a bit further and say they're engineering a sale by stripping down everything that's not 'essential' and packaging it up, letting the buyer worry about its future.

This sounds to me like disaster capitalism, and I have nothing good to say about that at all.

There was an interview with Freddie Prinze Jr recently, who said that WWE wanted to sell to Fox - but the asking price was too high, so they ended up with the TV deal they got instead. So they've been trying to sell for a while now. So everything now is about stripping away anything that's not ruthlessly profitable - the previous version of NXT/Performance Centre might have been a better long-term approach, but it probably was losing money in an immediate way.Ā 

Looking at @Loki's point, it's a fair one about the building - but it might be about wrapping that into the deal. Throwing in a massive centre in the middle of it all? But yeah, god knows with this company - I can totally imagine McMahon sometimes being all about trying to sell and at other times, all about going his own way.

Ā 

• Paid Members
Just now, Chris B said:

I can totally imagine McMahon sometimes being all about trying to sell and at other times, all about going his own way.

Even without the notion that his age may be exacerbating how he's always been, it's at the point where his mercurialness is leaving him open to too much influence by people who don't want to look further than numbers on a balance sheet.

• Paid Members

It really gives an idea of the difference of perception and how they've conducted themselves that everyone in the wrestling sphere is like 'OMG, William Regal, he'll get work anywhere, and it's possibly even exciting, but can you believe it?' while also going 'Road Dogg was released? Okay."

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I vaguely remember reading that the new building was a done deal pre-Covid, and they're kind of locked into it. I don't expect they'll sell up in the twelve months, but the last year or two has definitely seen a massive shift in priorities, complete abandonment of the "local globalisation" project or whatever Triple H called it, and a near complete dismantling of any sense of future-proofing.Ā 

• Paid Members

Matt Striker also used to try and get song titles into his commentary, but I could see him being inspired by Regal.Ā