AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Darby needs to go away for a while,

To prison, hopefully. 

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Darby’s not just tedious, he’s dangerous to himself and the business.

And to women and girls. 

• Paid Members

Just seen the Darby bump, what an absolute fucking idiot. Matt Hardy was giving it the big 'un on Twitter the other week about how Jeff is finally protecting his body after years of protecting his opponent which is why he now lands flat on them, then he puts a shift in like this? I would be pissed off if he had flattened me with that Swanton over the past few weeks. 

Also, Adam Coles Sharpshooter was dogshit and by the point of Dax tapping out, was literally just holding his legs up while Dax was laid on his front. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

*edit* I just saw the Darby bump again. Fucking idiot. Imagine looking at Jeff, struggling to walk or think, and thinking ‘I want to do what he did… but more.’ Just absolute garbage of the highest order, especially in a match with no heat or stink on it whatsoever… and he’s fine immediately after? Fuck off.

That Darby ladder dive was ace, that's proper pro wrestling right there. Stick your 'Less is More! Work a hold! Hogan vs Rock!' shtick up your boring arse.

6 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

That Darby ladder dive was ace, that's proper pro wrestling right there. Stick your 'Less is More! Work a hold! Hogan vs Rock!' shtick up your boring arse.

Hot take, Rock/Hogan was a million times better than sex pest Allin vs half-dead Hardy.

• Paid Members

Out of context that looks like one of the stupidest things you could ever see, Jeff Hardy just stood there waiting to be dived on and just happens to be surrounded by a bunch of chairs. In context I can't imagine it would be much better. What a twat.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Hot take, Rock/Hogan was a million times better than sex pest Allin vs half-dead Hardy.

Hot take, I can't remember a single thing from Rock vs Hogan despite having seen it a dozen times, but I can reel off from memory every single spot from the first bunch of TLC matches.

A spot like that was never really going to go over well on here (especially considering who is actually performing the move, and rightfully so) but I'd stop watching wrestling completely if I couldn't enjoy something as spectacular as that.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Out of context that looks like one of the stupidest things you could ever see, Jeff Hardy just stood there waiting to be dived on and just happens to be surrounded by a bunch of chairs. In context I can't imagine it would be much better. What a twat.

In context it was worst.

Mainly because they teased the bump being the other way round, then Darby ran and got him, whacked him a bit and lay Hardy down. Then HE did the crazy bump, and literally within 30 seconds they were fine, and then Hardy did a swanton from the top rope to the outside (which he missed) onto the stairs. The match would finish with a reversed crucifix pin.

Seriously, the absolute worst.

I actually thought that, in a vacuum, this was the best Dynamite in a number of weeks. Unfortunately, the show doesn't exist in a vacuum so the fact that is closed with Cole and Co on the ramp, for example, makes me queasy at the thought of continuing to see Cole and Co all over the show.

Darby is out of his mind and so is Tony for letting him to this stuff. Hey, it was mental. And I like mental. But, like someone else said, how can Darby look at Jeff Hardy and think that actually it might be fun to be barely able to move? Shit, at least Jeff didn't take that bump. I was concerned for his life when he was at the top of that ladder.

MJF continues to be awesome.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

"It's hard to believe that Toni Storm is a thirteen year veteran"

I'm guessing that was a comment about how old she looks but man, I popped because it sounded like JR was calling her shit for the amount of time she's wrestled.

Here's 16-year-old Toni Storm wrestling in Perth, Australia in 2011. Skip to 6:02. 

*Yes, Christopher Daniels was in Perth... for some reason.

**Shane Thorne at 2:18

Edited by Version1.0