The Owen Cup.

BrodyGraham

I'm not a regular viewer but whenever I tune in it feels like the Owen Hart tournament has been going on forever without ever really starting. I'm worried that some of the wrestlers who originally qualified for it will have forgotten all about it by the time it comes around.

The women's tournament kinda feels like an afterthought too. It's very "suppose we better have a women's version as well." Was there really not a woman they could have named it after? Could they not have run it at a different time of year. I'm looking forward to watching Hayter vs. Storm but it's not like that match needs a tournament to happen anyway. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You won't be happy until they rename the QF of the FA Cup to the 11th round.

To be honest "6th round" annoys me, I don't see what's wrong with Quarter-Final at that point.

54 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bring back replays. As many as it takes. 

Was it Palace and Birmingham that needed three replays in the 1991 Rumbelows Cup? Or has my brain falsely remembered that for 30 years?

Google says only 2. ONLY 2.

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

The women's tournament kinda feels like an afterthought too. It's very "suppose we better have a women's version as well." Was there really not a woman they could have named it after? Could they not have run it at a different time of year. I'm looking forward to watching Hayter vs. Storm but it's not like that match needs a tournament to happen anyway. 

The bar's really low but i'd say they've done more with the women's tournament than the men's.

It's a co-promotion with the Owen Hart Foundation not just a tournament named after him. And i'd rather see both at once instead of 6 months of never ending tourneys with how they seem to space these out.

6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

More likely to get a Hana Kimura cup if we're being honest.

Not a bad shout to be honest. Could make a sizable donation to a suicide awareness or mental health charity. 

Fuck it, invite the NWA and hold a Mildred Burke tournament.