The Owen Cup.

BrodyGraham

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Brodie Lee worked for AEW, Owen Hart didn’t. 

Right. But if this is what his widow and wife want, what’s the problem? People get put into the WWE Hall of Fame who never wrestled for them, but you have no issues with that do you?

32 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Right. But if this is what his widow and wife want, what’s the problem? People get put into the WWE Hall of Fame who never wrestled for them, but you have no issues with that do you?

Yeah I’ve no issue with a convicted rapist being in the HOF, ok then. Besides, I’m with Martha on this, it’s a meaningless platitude designed to generate income. Speaking of income…

This isn’t some benevolent act, the foundation will hopefully make a chunk of change from this and have their profile raised. So will AEW. They will benefit from a dead bloke who I think had no connection to the board whatsoever. It’s a PR and a financial win, fair play, it’s business. It’s also ambulance chasing. It’s like when bands play those big Save The World gigs. They play for free and donate their time to play it but get a huge spike in sales afterwards.
If Khan wanted to ensure the foundation got the money, he could’ve just donated (which for all I know he already has)

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah I’ve no issue with a convicted rapist being in the HOF, ok then. Besides, I’m with Martha on this, it’s a meaningless platitude designed to generate income. Speaking of income…

This isn’t some benevolent act, the foundation will hopefully make a chunk of change from this and have their profile raised. So will AEW. They will benefit from a dead bloke who I think had no connection to the board whatsoever. It’s a PR and a financial win, fair play, it’s business. It’s also ambulance chasing. It’s like when bands play those big Save The World gigs. They play for free and donate their time to play it but get a huge spike in sales afterwards.
If Khan wanted to ensure the foundation got the money, he could’ve just donated (which for all I know he already has)

You know what, you are right. You are a cynical twat.

Meanwhile those fans who have wanted merchandise or Owen Hart to be given a tribute, recognised by the business, now have something, from his estate to allow him to do that.

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You know what, you are right. You are a cynical twat.

Meanwhile those fans who have wanted merchandise or Owen Hart to be given a tribute, recognised by the business, now have something, from his estate to allow him to do that.

And a company will make money from it. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And a company will make money from it. 

Brodie Lee's tribute t-shirts have all been proceeds go to charity. They already announced the same for Owen Shirts. But Jazwares who make the AEW figures havent said so. Yeah, fuck em.

Of course, WWE have been making money from Owen for years showing his matches on the network and selling old wrestlemanias.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Brodie Lee's tribute t-shirts have all been proceeds go to charity. They already announced the same for Owen Shirts

And AEW will get the residual bounce from that too, do you think that’s the only thing people buy? Or do you think they’ll bag another shirt or two while ordering so they get cheaper shipping?

But as long as entitled manbabys can get a t shirt of a long dead wrestler, that’s the main thing. 

24 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Meanwhile those fans who have wanted merchandise or Owen Hart to be given a tribute, r

Do Mark Henry’s tears mean nothing to you?

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Of course, WWE have been making money from Owen for years showing his matches on the network and selling old wrestlemanias.

I’m sure they have as it’s their product, I wouldn’t know though as I stopped giving them money years ago because they’re scum bags. 

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Brodie Lee's tribute t-shirts have all been proceeds go to charity. 

But that’s the issue - Brodie worked for AEW, Owen has no ties to AEW in the slightest. There are a tonne of ways that they could’ve gone about working with Martha and the charity, but Martha has had to put up with years of fans telling her to “just get over it” so that they can have an Owen figure or his name in a pointless Hall of Fame or whatever else

2 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Chances are between the announcement and the 1st Owen Cup more wrestling fans will have checked out the  http://owenhartfoundation.org/ than had happened in the previous 20 years. Which for the Foundation will hopefully translate into additional donations, in addition to the billionaire putting his hand in his pocket.

Exactly. They’ll be able to change more lives with this and AEW will get goodwill and more money as well. 

6 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Chances are between the announcement and the 1st Owen Cup more wrestling fans will have checked out the  http://owenhartfoundation.org/ than had happened in the previous 20 years. Which for the Foundation will hopefully translate into additional donations, in addition to the billionaire putting his hand in his pocket.

Which he’ll then get back through the residual effect, as @Keith Houchen mentioned.

Had WWE done the exact same thing, be it in 1999 or now, people would be accusing them of profiting off of a man’s death. 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Which he’ll then get back through the residual effect, as @Keith Houchen mentioned.

Had WWE done the exact same thing, be it in 1999 or now, people would be accusing them of profiting off of a man’s death. 

Well, they were the reason he died so...

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well, they were the reason he died so...

Isn’t it great that someone stuck to their guns and upheld their fuck you to WWE? Usually they all go crawling back but here that didn’t happen. And now someone else will be able to profit from merch and I bet that makes Old Man Vince livid!