Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Has Matthew's bus from Birmingham arrived yet?

We waved as it drove past.

Man, that was fun. Absolutely fucking chucked it down (there was even talk of pulling it at some point, but they decided against it), but some brave souls soldiered on to watch all the acts (and there were some bloody brilliant people playing). 

This is us (The Dark Coast):

PXL_20230704_185441854.thumb.jpg.6a7e764bda2e4c22c051fc2a95c58b24.jpg

Couldn't get many pics as I'd have liked because of the torrential rain, but I managed to get one of Kate Bond & Band, who were ace:IMG20230704204741.thumb.jpg.00a2313dd0de7ad1ada2256c57afac6a.jpg

• Paid Members

saw The Bronx at the New Cross Inn the other night. Not massively into them (though love the Mariachi El Bronx side-project), but they have some good tunes, the people I went with adore them, and it's just down the road, so why not?

I could do without the American punk stuff of constantly talking about how important it is to be "punk rock" and not turn your back on your ideals, getting the crowd to put their middle fingers in the air and say "fuck you" and talking about how you shouldn't let anyone tell you what to do or how to be; you're not fifteen, you're in your mid-40s, give it a rest lad. But other than that, they were fantastic, awesome performance, great energy.

Only problem is that the show was sold out, and by sold out, I definitely mean oversold. I've been to sold out shows at that venue before, and I swear there were almost 100 more people there this time than any other time I've been there before. You couldn't move, and it was an absolute sweatbox, to the point I forced my way outside and just listened from the smoking area for the last few songs. 

Listening to Never Loved Elvis in work, slowly talking myself into getting a flight over to see Wonder Stuff for the home show in Birmingham this December. 

On 6/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, johnnyboy said:

Most wrestling thing about it was him putting the youngsters over on the way out.

Lizzo and The Chicks were clearly the highlights for me, just gutted that The Chicks London dates are just opening for Springsteen and I can't get to them or any of the other full shows out in the regions.  UHD iPlayer was pissing about for me so I had to watch in regular HD like some kind of peasant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66131282

Sounds like another spectacular night from the Boss.

1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Just back from seeing Pulp in Sheffield. Bloody excellent gig, and seeing Richard Hawley as the support act was brilliant too.

Same here, absolutely tremendous stuff. Pulp provided the soundtrack to my teenage years, so getting to see them again brought back loads of boss memories. The setlist was pretty much perfect, it sounded great, and it was one of the nicest crowds I've ever been in, too. It really just felt like a massive properly good-natured party. Ten out of ten all round.

• Paid Members
On 7/15/2023 at 1:32 AM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Same here, absolutely tremendous stuff. Pulp provided the soundtrack to my teenage years, so getting to see them again brought back loads of boss memories. The setlist was pretty much perfect, it sounded great, and it was one of the nicest crowds I've ever been in, too. It really just felt like a massive properly good-natured party. Ten out of ten all round.

We were at the Friday night show, agree with everything you've said here. A perfect gig really. Really enjoyed Richard Hawley too.

• Paid Members

Cleaned out my Credit Union savings this morning so I could bring my daughter and her mates to this.
I'm still not sure of what's happened here, but @Keith Houchen would be proud, and that's what's taking a potentially very jagged edge off this purchase.

Taylor Swift. Dublin 2024.
Absolute state of the price. But sure, we get a lanyard, t-shirt and other goodies.

image.png.b7810e1f8374ff506377d2a751030833.png

• Paid Members

53 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Fucking hell @Scott Malbranque. Father of the year, but I can't bring myself to upvote that post. 

Don't blame you in the slightest, Torso. I could barely bring myself to even post it, but I needed to tell a place where I wouldn't be judged for that sort of squanderd'n carry on during a 'cost of living crisis'.

Legit feels like a shiteing fever dream and I bet my daughter and her mates make me wear the free tshirt and lanyard. 

Style is a cracking tune to be fair. I always find myself furrowing and pouting like Gosling in Drive, turning my head and waking in slightly faster than slow motion when I hear it. 

@Scott Malbranque I commend you, and as someone with a 13yo Taylor obsessive I get it, but those prices are absolutely rank, and make me heave.

I also think that the way that these gigs have been handled has been pretty disgusting, and I'm sure it's all Ticketmasters fault. 

I think that the level of feverdom just to get a fucking code that might, maybe, just POSSIBLY get you a ticket doesn't help the majority of , let's face it, mostly young preteen/teen children who might suffer with anxiety/stress/etc and the prolonged nature or these sales has felt just wrong. Really wrong. And it's left a really sour taste.

Then to offer those packages at those prices is just astonishing.

What she should've done is play a full year at Wembley and limited people to seeing one show each. Daft bint.

Edited by SuperBacon