AEW Double or Nothing 2021 - March 30th

Supremo

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Following Christian's debut, I imagine they're going to lean towards under-hyping surprise debuts rather than over-hyping them.

I'm assuming Stadium Stampede will be a mixture of pre-recorded footage and then the guys, "spilling out," to the ring for a live bit near the end. I genuinely don't know how you could do that match fully live and with fans.

It's almost like they should have done Stadium Stampede with no fans and Blood and Guts when they had fans.

Bank Holiday next Monday as well which makes the timing of this PPV ideal, will probably be the first PPV I stay up for since WrestleMania 35.

It looks good, last weeks Dynamite was my favourite wrestling show for a long time, plenty of promos and less wrestling which I enjoy in my weekly wrestling shows. Really good card for this one and most importantly a capacity crowd which will make watching it a lot better.

Interested to see how it looks aesthetically as the Jags stadium is a unique setting. 

I've really enjoyed Omega the last few weeks despite previously not really 'getting' him, but his match is the one im least interested in. Firstly there's been very little build to it, secondly it's obvious Omega wins and lastly PAC and moreso Cassidy are clearly not on Omega's level, as this promotion runs on and we get to the big matches, Omega is going to be working with bigger stars than them, it feels like a filler title match like WWE would do at the Royal Rumble to give someone a rub and the champion a decent win. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing if it doesnt go on last, if this match does go on last then it's a real let down.

Overall looking forward to it mind, Bucks vs Mox and Kingston is the one I am most up for, I'd expect them to get an incredible reaction from the live crowd as well. Should be decent.

Edited by Doog

I wouldn't have Britt Baker close the show as a villain who has won the Women's Championship regardless of her road. She's still the top villain in their division. I get the sentiments though. I'm not sure what goes on last, wouldn't mind seeing the Tag belts main as it's the only match with a chance of a feelgood ending given so many heels could potentially win on this card for me. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It's almost like they should have done Stadium Stampede with no fans and Blood and Guts when they had fans.

I think they probably would have wanted to do that, but I assume the issue with Blood & Guts in Daily's Place is the inability to lower and/or quickly build the cage during a live event? Hence they did it as a "one match show" for the live crowd they did have, and pretaped the other matches on the episode.

I wonder, if they could have done Blood & Guts on the PPV, if they would also have made use of the 2-ring setup during the battle royal (possibly even expanding it to a full 52+1 "deck" of participants)?

• Paid Members

This is a ridiculously stacked card, considering it also doesn't feel like they're seriously firing any of their big guns.

I want Jungle Boy to win the battle royal. As much as I also want to see Wight vs Omega, etc. Before Omega's run is over, I want a match with Jungle Boy where, just for a moment, he convinces everyone he's going to win.

• Paid Members

Really works out great that this show is happening on a bank holiday Sunday that I happen to have off. Looking forward to watching this, especially as the Fite app is pretty damn good as far as streaming goes, when you're laying down £20 for it. 

I'd maybe close with the Tag Team Title match. Depending on what the plan is for who is going to win. As others have mentioned, I also see a lot of heel wins happening here, so I think there needs to be another hook to which one gets to close the show. 

If Moxley and Kingston are winning, I'd think of main eventing with that. If they aren't, and The Pinnacle are going to win, then maybe you close with Inner Circle in the ring disbanding? It's a tough one. I'm not a fan of the Heavyweight Title being in a triple threat match. WWE have killed me on the concept of triple threats at this point. It'll deliver, but I would have preferred they went with Omega Vs Cassidy in a singles. As it turns out, it probably worked out for the best considering Cassidy probably has to be cleared closer to the show time, following that powerbomb. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Doog said:

it's obvious Omega wins and lastly PAC and moreso Cassidy are clearly not on Omega's level

Isn't PAC one of the few people who has a win over Omega in single matches that hasn't been rectified?

EDIT: never mind, just saw Omega is 2-1 on PAC, but I think that alone puts him at his level.

Edited by Shy Dad

21 hours ago, Chili said:

I wouldn't have Britt Baker close the show as a villain who has won the Women's Championship regardless of her road. She's still the top villain in their division. I get the sentiments though. I'm not sure what goes on last, wouldn't mind seeing the Tag belts main as it's the only match with a chance of a feelgood ending given so many heels could potentially win on this card for me. 

I'm not sure I subscribe to the logic of a 'feelgood' ending in that sense - if that's the route you take, every PPV becomes predictable. However, I think a PPV is at its best when it ends with a moment that leaves fans buzzing (at the end of the day, isn't that a good feeling?). Perhaps that will be the World title match, if Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson comes out to confront Kenny after the match. 

As it stands, the obvious choice for me is still Britt. Even though she's a villain, she's hugely over, and people will be buzzing about her winning the belt - arguably, it'll be the first genuinely exciting Women's Champion they've had. Plus, being able to boast about winning the title in a PPV main event would be great for her character. 

I actually would like to see them close with the tag belts at some point, though (just not on Sunday). The tag titles are a pretty big deal in AEW, and there's every reason to treat them as being equal to the World title. 

The one match I don't want to see close the show out of the 'big' ones is Stadium Stampede. I'm sure it'll be a load of fun, but I'm not invested enough to care about it closing the show.