AEW Double or Nothing 2021 - March 30th

Supremo

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The idea of him desperately sending Team Taz after him is just so much fun. Even be a reason to add a member to Team Taz, if they were bringing in any of the releases over the last few months

If Samoa Joe is coming in, and they don't initially have main event plans for him (which frankly, they should) this wouldn't be the worst spot for him.  

• Paid Members

There's a little history there too, with Taz having briefly been Joe's manager/advisor in TNA, before Taz was shifted to the announce desk after a few weeks.

IIRC it was revealed that Taz had been the inspiration behind Joe's "path of violence" or whatever they called it, the one where he started carrying a machete and painting a penis on his face.

Joe also feels like too big a name to come in and be interested in a non-championship title.

If Cage is breaking away, I like the idea of Starks going with him - I know they've been at odds, but they're the original Team Taz and it'd be an interesting dynamic where the wrestler and manager don't get on but tolerate each other because it'll get them both ahead. Starks really should make a big deal of his neck, similar to how he pointed at it the moment cage squared up to him - begging off as 'injured' every time he's in peril when the rest of the time it's quite clear he's A-OK would be great heat. Hobbs should be the next head of Team Taz, with maybe some Dark regulars being given the opportunity to step up into the team as new backup.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Joe also feels like too big a name to come in and be interested in a non-championship title.

Unless they do a programme of him coming in to start hoovering up all of the belts. Starts with the FTW as a favour to Taz, then goes after the TNT, the tag, and then goes after Omega for all his belts, saying "Nuh-uh - I'm the belt-collector round here".

• Paid Members

I think Cage on his own, tearing his way through Team Taz, is the only way to really make him interesting as a babyface, and allows Taz and Starks to do most of the heavy lifting, promo and character-wise. Maybe even have him rehash his Lucha Underground "tearing the title in half" spot with the FTW Title - either to enrage Taz, or once the feud is finally over, as a way to say "it was never really about this". It's a shame Taz can't work any more - at least I assume he isn't going to have an Edge/Christian/Sting magic comeback! - as it would be great if it was Cage fighting through all of Team Taz to finally get his hands on him.

In terms of who else should be drafted into Team Taz, I'd love to see him managing Bear Country. 

I'm just delighted to see so many people invested in Taz. I went off him for years but his AEW work has been stellar. Whether it's being a quirky uncle on Dark or his mean little old prick stuff on the main shows. He feels really intense, best promo work of his life. Shame he can't be active but it's not worth a risk. 

I've been looking up fan clips from various different angles. I've even got favourites now. 

I've only ever done that with gigs I've actually been to. And therein lies the beauty. AEW is like a gig. 

I've already told my fiancee that when they tour here I'm done. I'm going to be all over the place. I'll end up looking like that guy with the bowl cut doing warrior poses on all them new gen shows . 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Uncle Sam vs. Uncle Bulgaria.

Sorry, not sorry.

Except it's Cody who's behind the times at the moment.