Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 6 Paid Members Posted May 6 1 hour ago, AshC said: They proper love a Nox and a Mason, don't they? They love Nox and Mason like 2000s British wrestlers loved Storm and Dragon. Quote
NeverYield Posted May 6 Posted May 6 Just been watching NXT, why would you want to change Will Kroos name that doesnt need changing to 'Mason Rook', wtf.. 🤣 Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted May 6 Posted May 6 I’m kinda digging this new influx of talent on NXT, it’s freshened the show up a touch and it might well save the flagging men’s division given it’s already set up 4 challengers for Tony D in just 2 short weeks On the flip side bets are open to see how long this run lasts for Noam Dar before he’s inevitably injured again Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 14 hours ago, AshC said: They proper love a Nox and a Mason, don't they? They tried a few times with Escobar too. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 I know physiques aren't as important in wrestling as they used to be but this Mason Rook...might be the worst physique I've ever seen on WWE TV. Genuinely offensive that I'm supposed to take this person serious as a wrestler. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 39 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I know physiques aren't as important in wrestling as they used to be but this Mason Rook...might be the worst physique I've ever seen on WWE TV. Genuinely offensive that I'm supposed to take this person serious as a wrestler. Yeah, some people seem to be excited by him turning up, but I've no idea who he was before he appeared on NXT last week and my first impressions were not at all good. He has the worst look I've ever seen in a WWE product. Long way to go to win me over. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 7 Awards Moderator Posted May 7 8 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said: I’m kinda digging this new influx of talent on NXT, it’s freshened the show up a touch and it might well save the flagging men’s division given it’s already set up 4 challengers for Tony D in just 2 short weeks On the flip side bets are open to see how long this run lasts for Noam Dar before he’s inevitably injured again Noam Dar is still around?! Good for him! Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: I know physiques aren't as important in wrestling as they used to be but this Mason Rook...might be the worst physique I've ever seen on WWE TV. Genuinely offensive that I'm supposed to take this person serious as a wrestler. I haven't been to any live wrestling since before the Pando. As someone who has seen a lot of British wrestling over the years you can imagine how jaded I am when I see another fat lad with a daft haircut coming to the ring. Will Kroos, now Mason Rook was always someone who made me sit up and take notice, and at that point he had only been wrestling for a couple of years. Everything he did looked believable, he was very agile for a big unit, and he was able to connect with the audience, which is something young wrestlers often struggle with. I was not surprised when he ended up wrestling pretty much everywhere in the UK and getting dates in Japan with Noah. Translating that to NXT, I don't know. He certainly seemed to learn quickly earlier in his career, and if he's going to take that next step then he's probably in the right place. As for body image, I wouldn't expect him ever to be ripped, but I would hope he can get into Gunther/Jacob Fatu type of shape and I think that would suit him. If not he will end up a comedy fat lad like Otis, which is a living. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 25 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I haven't been to any live wrestling since before the Pando. As someone who has seen a lot of British wrestling over the years you can imagine how jaded I am when I see another fat lad with a daft haircut coming to the ring. Will Kroos, now Mason Rook was always someone who made me sit up and take notice, and at that point he had only been wrestling for a couple of years. Everything he did looked believable, he was very agile for a big unit, and he was able to connect with the audience, which is something young wrestlers often struggle with. That's all well and good and some wrestlers are great on the indies but have no business being in the big leagues. Especially not when they look like this meme: Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: That's all well and good and some wrestlers are great on the indies but have no business being in the big leagues. Especially not when they look like this meme: I agree mate, there are loads of indy looking wrestlers who should be absolutely nowhere near TV, and not just fat ones. Skinny ones and short ones as well. Then there are people who just look like your average man in the street. Bin them fuckers off as well. Quote
BarryOVega Posted May 7 Posted May 7 Adam Cole should never have been signed by any decent sized company if we’re talking shit physiques Good watch as usual this week, not happy with the 2 hour length though, 90 minutes max! Ridiculous how much stronger the women’s division is than the men’s but hopefully the new lads will freshen things up a load Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted May 7 Paid Members Posted May 7 I feel like Will Kroos has all the ability, and there's definitely room for his type of physique in WWE, but it's about the presentation. Whether that's putting him in a singlet or something that emphasises his size as a danger to his opponents rather than makes him seem just like a big lad off the street or its growing a beard or something else there's lots they can do with him. He's had maybe 2 minutes on camera so far, so hopefully it's a work in progress for the new gimmick. That's what NXT is supposed to be there for, and hopefully they find the right fit for him. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted May 7 Posted May 7 Kroos is great, I hope he gets a good go in WWE/NXT as he deserves it. This spot in NORTH is probably my favourite I've seen on a show in person. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted May 7 Posted May 7 (edited) I always thought that Kevin Steen/Owens looked shit and indy and he's done okay for himself. I guess we shall see with Will Kroos/Mason Rook. I thought the same as everyone else when I first saw him. He looks like a lesbian from a council estate and is shaped like an egg but, damn, he won me over the more I saw him. Admittedly, being over on an indy show taking place in a function room above a pub is different than succeeding in WWE. He will need to work on his promos and I don't know if he has ever been a heel before but that's why he is there. It seems they are pretty high on him from initial impressions at least. The rest is up to him. Edited May 7 by Snitsky's back acne Quote
BrodyGraham Posted May 7 Posted May 7 I've seen Kroos pull a decent match out of Saxton Huxley so I wouldn't be worried about that part of his game but yeah, he's fucked himself by trimming the mullet considering that without it he looks like a child. That's only compounded by his voice breaking both times he spoke. You can get around those things basically anywhere but WWE. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.