BarryOVega Posted April 22 Posted April 22 1 minute ago, FLips said: That Spike Dudley bump in the Last Woman Standing match was disgusting. Wasn’t it just? Most gullible babyface since early ‘90’s Sting to add insult to (hopefully not much of an) injury Casket match was good, The Culling (the blokes at least) are laughable heels but that’s not necessarily a bad thing, nice easy watch as usual Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 (edited) I see Rayne Leverkusen/Lizzy Rain is debuting next week. Hope she does well, I’ve really enjoyed her work for Eve. She’s such a charismatic and high energy in-ring performer, gets the people behind her with ease and can work a very exciting pace if the opponent can hang. I have found her promos to be a bit over the top and inorganic sounding but they seem to be leaning into that massively going by the vignette. I think for an American audience they’ll go over better and her accent will help her stand out. Looks like the gimmick and presentation is staying the same despite the minor name change. I assumed that’d be the case and that they’ll bring up the Iron Maiden family link on commentary. Glad she still has “Rain” in the name so she can still do the “make… it..rain” corner strikes she does. Also hope she keeps the same finisher as I love that move. Will definitely tune in to see how the debut goes. Edited April 22 by JLM Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted April 22 Posted April 22 2 hours ago, JLM said: Looks like the gimmick and presentation is staying the same despite the minor name change. I assume that’d be the case and that they’ll bring up the Iron Maiden family link on commentary. I had no idea about this. Just looked into it and her uncle is the late great Clive Burr! I immediately hope she makes millions. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 Rayne is fantastic, and has been since pretty much day one - she was supposed to wrestle on the last show I booked a couple of years ago but had to pull out due to injury - so I'm not surprised that she made it to WWE, though I thought that promo was fucking dreadful, and largely through no fault of her own. It's the lowest common denominator "tell, don't show" stuff that WWE are dreadful for - I know this is the first time the audience are seeing her, but her basically saying "I'm loud and I have a heavy metal gimmick" is a rubbish way to introduce her. I can tell she has an '80s heavy metal vibe just by looking at her, that work is done, show me something else! Show me why I should care about her as a wrestler. And, yes, bring up that she's related to Clive fucking Burr! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 Van Hammer isn't even cold and some bastard has nicked his gimmick. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted April 22 Posted April 22 So who sent Tony D'Angelo the box? Clearly somebody Japanese. They have NOAH's Ulka Sasaki there on vacation at the moment but isn't the rumour meant to be that EVIL is WWE/NXT bound? Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted April 29 Paid Members Posted April 29 (edited) Stayed up to watch Lizzy Rain’s debut. It went very well! Great reaction, the fans already knew to chant make it rain for the chops and her finisher is intact name and all. Caught EVIL’s debut too. I know many New Japan viewers (myself included and I’m only an occasional viewer!) have had many fully justified unkind things to say about EVIL and House of Torture. However! He has a cool look, his presentation is always on point and he CAN go in the ring. He’s not an elite 7 star super worker but he is certainly capable even if the house of torture nonsense formula rarely called on him to show that. There are many pushed talents in WWE who he is comfortably better than in-ring and they’re not looking for sicko pleasing performances from him anyway. Him with Hiromu and Ulka Sasaki as lackeys could be a fun stable. Some other rather bland folks also arrived on the scene but I did not take much notice of them. Miles Borne also seems a tad dull. E.K. Prosper and Sean Legacy were my favourite NXT names of the episode. Edited April 29 by JLM Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 29 Paid Members Posted April 29 6 hours ago, JLM said: Some other rather bland folks also arrived on the scene but I did not take much notice of them. Miles Borne also seems a tad dull. I don’t know much about him, but Will ‘Is that a fan?’ Kroos intrigues me based on the fact he looks nothing like your typical WWE signing. The fact he was immediately placed in an angle with their champion was interesting, if nothing else. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 29 Paid Members Posted April 29 Will Kroos is fantastic, a proper Terry Gordy fat lad bruiser. I wouldn't have predicted WWE as where he would land, hopefully they do right by him. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 29 Posted April 29 I'd never heard of him but I like guys like that, so he seems like a decent signing. Good to have a bit of variety. Quote
Olly1984 Posted April 29 Posted April 29 Happy for Will Kroos, seen him a couple of times and he impressed me, need more bigger looking lads who just want to clobber the shit out of people. Has a cracking moonsault too. Looking forward to him and Carver knocking the fuck out of each other🤑🤑 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 29 Paid Members Posted April 29 He flattened whoever was on the end of that moonsault😄 Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted April 29 Paid Members Posted April 29 He really did, it looked devastating. I’d somehow forgotten about the big fat guy moonsault in the midst of the shouty LFG meatheads. Blake Tateman, Tate Blakeley and Tatetanium Blakes. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 29 Paid Members Posted April 29 (edited) EVIL is almost 40, and has been wrestling for one of the biggest companies in the world for 15 years, what are they expecting him to learn in a developmental brand? Is it a matter of working on his English skills, or do they just not rate him as someone worth debuting on the main roster? Edited April 29 by BomberPat Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.