Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 9 Paid Members Posted January 9 My favourite UK tribute show thing I ever saw in person was in the opening match they had a Fake X-Pac and then in the main event they had a Fake Kane and they were both clearly played by the same bloke. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 9 Paid Members Posted January 9 2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: My favourite UK tribute show thing I ever saw in person was in the opening match they had a Fake X-Pac and then in the main event they had a Fake Kane and they were both clearly played by the same bloke. Quite possibly Justin Hansford - he was UK Kane/The Big Red Machine, but also The 1-2-3 Boy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he updated the latter to X-Pac somewhere down the line. He was also UK Chris Jericho at least once or twice. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted January 9 Paid Members Posted January 9 37 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: My favourite UK tribute show thing I ever saw in person was in the opening match they had a Fake X-Pac and then in the main event they had a Fake Kane and they were both clearly played by the same bloke. My favourite was a regular All Star show where the ring announcer introduced "a special tribute to WWF star The Barbarian". It must have been force of habit after legal crackdowns because the man who walked out was an extremely confused actual-WWF-Barbarian. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted January 9 Paid Members Posted January 9 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: Quite possibly Justin Hansford - he was UK Kane/The Big Red Machine, but also The 1-2-3 Boy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he updated the latter to X-Pac somewhere down the line. He was also UK Chris Jericho at least once or twice. He went as Justin Starr when playing "himself", didn't he? I only ever saw him as Starr but remember hearing that he'd done both Kane & X-Pac on the tributes. Also have a recollection he was in a relationship with Klondyke Kate for a while? Although I might be misremembering/extrapolating from seeing them tag together. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 9 Awards Moderator Posted January 9 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: The 1-2-3 Boy This is outstanding. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 9 Posted January 9 22 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: “Sensational Hardcore Matches, etc. etc. etc.” is my favourite bit. I actually went to see one at a local leisure centre in Hull and yes the tribute acts were bloody awful ("Kane" was about 5' 8") but the action itself was pretty decent from what I remember. You had wrestlers doing legdrops from the top of a cage and putting each other through tables which was pretty rare for a British show 25 years ago. Quote
Joe Blog Posted January 10 Posted January 10 I remember when my grandad and his mate took my brother and me to a wrestling show in a leisure centre. They thought it was the actual WWE bless them and told us such. Cue my brother and me being absolutely flummoxed when people who were quite clearly not The Rock, Undertaker, Kane etc ambled out. Highlights included fake Chyna hitting The Rock with a coke can which he sold like a sledgehammer shot and the announcer deciding to so some impromptu commentary which consisted of his trying to get the audience to cheer on the bloke wrestling as an Animal/Hawk hybrid who they had cleverly named LOD. To the day that he died my Grandad was convinced it was the real stars of WWE, yep Undertaker really did perform in front of 50 people in a cold North Easy leisure centre on the outskirts of Newcastle. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 10 Paid Members Posted January 10 On 1/8/2026 at 3:03 PM, Hannibal Scorch said: If Ricky Starks ever gets released, I’m sure there’s room for him still on the UK tribute scene I was curious about what happened to these people and struggled to find any info of not, aside from an article from a local newspaper in Huddersfield which in 2013, somehow confused ‘Rock Steadfast’ with the actual Rock: On the other side of the Atlantic, film careers soon beckoned for Rock Steadfast, known as The Rock, and Hulk Hogan. We’ll never know for sure, but given that it was as late as 2013, I’m very confused as to how this happened. Did the writer see one of those ‘tribute shows’ in the 90s and take it to be legit? Quote
NeverYield Posted January 10 Posted January 10 On 1/8/2026 at 3:03 PM, Hannibal Scorch said: If Ricky Starks ever gets released, I’m sure there’s room for him still on the UK tribute scene That brings back memories, my Dad took me to a show like this when I was a kid, 'Kane' or 'DX' weren't there but there was a cage match with 'Taker and little old me enjoyed it a fair bit. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 12 Paid Members Posted January 12 On 1/10/2026 at 7:34 AM, Joe Blog said: To the day that he died my Grandad was convinced it was the real stars of WWE, yep Undertaker really did perform in front of 50 people in a cold North Easy leisure centre on the outskirts of Newcastle. Performed in front of a couple of thousand at a cold Hull ice arena on the docks so not that inconceivable. Would love to see more footage of some of the biggest stars of all-time working some of the small spot shows and paid for charity gigs they did in the mid-90s when interest was so low. Working the ice arenas of the North of England was like MSG compared to some of them. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 12 Posted January 12 On 1/9/2026 at 10:40 AM, Statto said: He went as Justin Starr when playing "himself", didn't he? I only ever saw him as Starr but remember hearing that he'd done both Kane & X-Pac on the tributes. Also have a recollection he was in a relationship with Klondyke Kate for a while? Although I might be misremembering/extrapolating from seeing them tag together. I believe Fake Kane was "Tarzan Boy" Darren Ward but it wouldn't surprise me if he was played by several different people. Yes, Justin Starr and Klondyke Kate were in a relationship around that time. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 30 Paid Members Posted January 30 Ava announced on social media she has chosen not to renew her WWE contract and this past Tuesday was her last appearance for the company. Moment of truth, Tony Khan. Exactly how big of an NXT fan are you? Huh?! Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted January 30 Posted January 30 I've never seen her on TV and I'd guess me and TK have similar cut-off points for NXT. From all accounts she was terrible anyway. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted January 31 Paid Members Posted January 31 I think it's less having been in NXT and more having been in RoH at some point in the 2010s that floats TKs boat. Just that there's a fair bit of crossover there. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.