Paid Members mim731 Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 19 minutes ago, Chili said: Because I firmly believe that Sabrina Carpenter being all into sex is a gimmick because only Richard Richard from Bottom goes on about it that much, I'd rather Mariah May just crib lines Bottom instead. Go on Blake, say "a wazzo pair of jugs" I think we can all agree Mariah May becoming a Bottom inspired character would be the dream. Get others to join. HBK can can reinvent himself as the Dad from Friday Night Dinner. Quote
Chili Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 26 minutes ago, mim731 said: I think we can all agree Mariah May becoming a Bottom inspired character would be the dream. Get others to join. HBK can can reinvent himself as the Dad from Friday Night Dinner. Have you seen him these days. He's playing Sad Ken the three legged horse or fuck all. Quote
TV Time Remaining Posted June 21, 2025 Posted June 21, 2025 I once saw Mariah May wrestling in a pub carpark as part of our village May Day celebrations. Now she's in WWE. It's a funny old business. Quote
Olly1984 Posted June 21, 2025 Posted June 21, 2025 8 hours ago, TV Time Remaining said: I once saw Mariah May wrestling in a pub carpark as part of our village May Day celebrations. Now she's in WWE. It's a funny old business. They missed a trick not calling her May Day tbf!! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 23 hours ago, TV Time Remaining said: I once saw Mariah May wrestling in a pub carpark as part of our village May Day celebrations. Now she's in WWE. It's a funny old business. Please don’t see this as a shot, but I just find it interesting how her being in WWE’s Training Warehouse in front of 1,500 people trumps the 50,000 odd she performed in front of at Wembley Stadium Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 56 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Please don’t see this as a shot, but I just find it interesting how her being in WWE’s Training Warehouse in front of 1,500 people trumps the 50,000 odd she performed in front of at Wembley Stadium You may have missed the point SheepyLad. Just someone going from a pub car park to WWE is what TVTR found amazing, that's how I read the post anyway. I feel the same about other wrestlers. For me it's amazing seeing Gabe Kidd go from wrestling in trainee battle royals to one of the top gaijins in New Japan and turning up in AEW. I don't think TVTR was knocking AEW at all, it's just he has seen the whole journey of someone. I'm sure there are other people who've had similar experiences. Quote
The Dart Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: Please don’t see this as a shot, but I just find it interesting how her being in WWE’s Training Warehouse in front of 1,500 people trumps the 50,000 odd she performed in front of at Wembley Stadium 1,500? It’s about 400. Maybe less. Edited June 22, 2025 by The Dart Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 How many spaces were there in the pub car park though? I need to crunch these numbers before I can comment further. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 (edited) Admittedly it has been a while since I’ve watched NXT. Are they not touring the show anymore? Maybe that’s where I got that number from (or at least that’s the excuse I’m going with) And your probs right @Lion_of_the_Midlands, and for all I know TVTR doesn’t watch AEW (or at least not regularly). Some might see going from 50,000 at Wembley to 400-1,500 at the PC as a step down. As you say, I’ve probably just missed the point (wouldn’t be the first time) Edited June 22, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 I mean it was a post saying it's crazy how someone can go from performing in a car park to working for the biggest company in the world. It's literally a fact that she's now working for WWE. Why are we turning it into a slight on AEW? Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 22, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted June 22, 2025 3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: You may have missed the point SheepyLad. Just someone going from a pub car park to WWE is what TVTR found amazing, that's how I read the post anyway. I feel the same about other wrestlers. For me it's amazing seeing Gabe Kidd go from wrestling in trainee battle royals to one of the top gaijins in New Japan and turning up in AEW. I don't think TVTR was knocking AEW at all, it's just he has seen the whole journey of someone. I'm sure there are other people who've had similar experiences. The example for me is PAC. Going from seeing him as an unknown in the opening match at Eldon Leisure Centre to Newcastle Arena with NXT to Wembley with AEW. Let TV Time Remaining have that feeling! For some, WWE at any level will be above anything any other company can do - it's not for me anymore, but when it's the thing you've watched your whole life, I get it. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 On 6/19/2025 at 9:52 PM, mim731 said: I think we can all agree Mariah May becoming a Bottom inspired character would be the dream. Agreed. Her storyline could be that she has to marry the first stupidly rich aristocrat she can find or else her whole family will be impoverished forever - and she hates poor people. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 57 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: The example for me is PAC. Going from seeing him as an unknown in the opening match at Eldon Leisure Centre to Newcastle Arena with NXT to Wembley with AEW. Let TV Time Remaining have that feeling! For some, WWE at any level will be above anything any other company can do - it's not for me anymore, but when it's the thing you've watched your whole life, I get it. Think we've probably all got one of these. Pete Dunne's probably mine. I was a young trainee back in christ like 2009 or 10 when Dunne was doing bits for Triple X Wrestling in Coventry, around the time Mark Andrews and Flash Webster were coming up too. Seeing him on any WWE PPV always seemed surreal from being the guy the same age who I saw grow up while being in the industry. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 (edited) Definitely anyone i saw at Orpington Halls for me then ending up in TNA, AEW and WWE is so strange but incredibly rewarding. Got the same kind of feeling seeing Cody on ROH here and then him as the biggest star in WWE. Just strange seeing someone wrestle in a ring near a swimming pool and then main eventing Wrestlemania. Edited June 22, 2025 by DavidB6937 Quote
Merzbow Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 34 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: doing bits for Triple X Wrestling in Coventry Similarly, Zack Sabre Jr ending up the IWGP Heavyweight Champion after seeing him as this emo looking kid wrestling in Cov pubs. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.