DavidB6937 Posted September 3, 2025 Posted September 3, 2025 The most I've enjoyed them since they were called up. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted September 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 13, 2025 NXT are doing a special Homecoming show this Tuesday, back at Full Sail University: Rhea Ripley, Tiffany Stratton & Stephanie Vaquer vs. Jacy Jayne, Fallon Henley & Jazmyn Nyx NXT North American Championship: Ethan Page (c) vs. Tyler Breeze Trick Williams & Carmelo Hayes vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Women’s Tag Team Championship: Charlotte Flair & Alexa Bliss (champions) vs. Tatum Paxley & Izzi Dame Talk-Show: The Grayson Waller Effect featuring Oba Femi (NXT Champion) & Ricky Saints (number one contender) Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 17, 2025 Posted September 17, 2025 As a whore for nostalgia, I had a lot of fun with Homecoming. Old themes and a good energy about the show. Few nice surprises too. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted September 17, 2025 Posted September 17, 2025 Yeah brilliant show, had a much more better feel to it being at their old base than at the PC. The running deal through the night of TNA talent threatening NXT and HBK on socials over them doing the title v title match next week was fun, can see that match go to an NC and a big ol brawl between the two sides leading to either a Lethal Lockdown match at Bound For Glory or WarGames over Survivor Series weekend Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2025 You’ll never see a greater example of how tropey and patterned WWE backstage segments are than Bobby Roode’s entrance in this clip (25 seconds in), where he stops and reacts to a pop that isn’t there. Incredible. Randy Orton not the only one hearing voices in his head. The non-reactions lads like Bobby Roode and Tyler Breeze get is fascinating. Really hammers home how this is a whole new audience that have no clue who these lads are. You weren't there at the beginning! You don't know how good NXT was, how important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's, take your pocket money and get out!…What a prick. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 18, 2025 Posted September 18, 2025 I saw a lot of "was it a production glitch?" posts. I'd be interested to see any posts from how it was from an actual crowd perspective (I haven't yet) because I'm surprised he got NOTHING. Like legitimate silence. Even a slight murmur or one person saying something! It was just so weird. Especially with the love for Ciampa and Gargano, which sure as hell isn't from their main roster run. They're the reason Glorious was so popular! Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2025 fucking hell, that's terrible. It's on a par with the Bellas pausing for applause during a Hall of Fame ceremony with no audience. But also, what the hell's going on with Charlie Dempsey's accent? I swear he didn't used to sound like that. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted September 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2025 I hate to say it, because I love Regal so much, but Charlie Dempsey is just a bit shit all round isn't he? Not a chance he's in this spot if not for who his dad is. Quote
The King of Old School Posted September 18, 2025 Posted September 18, 2025 Saw a clip of some "tension" between HHH & HBK on this episode, what was that all about? Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted September 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2025 24 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Saw a clip of some "tension" between HHH & HBK on this episode, what was that all about? Purely a set-up to the frivolities that followed, with the girls coming out. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 18, 2025 Posted September 18, 2025 30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: I hate to say it, because I love Regal so much, but Charlie Dempsey is just a bit shit all round isn't he? Not a chance he's in this spot if not for who his dad is. I think he's alright for what he's been used for. NQCC and hovering around the Heritage Cup stuff forever is his level. A few Japan trips and Bloodsport. Other than that, he's just kinda grumpy in backstage segments and being used to get Myles and Tavion over. He's basically Drew Gulak without the questionable behaviour. I don't see him going much further though. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted September 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2025 Thinking abut Dempsey, who definitely isn't someone who should move up any time soon, who do we think will/should get called up from NXT in the near future? For me: Trick Williams - He's ready and there's not much left for him in NXT Sol Ruca - That finisher is super over and she'll be a nice addition to the women's roster especially as they have the midcard belts now. Oba Femi - Probably one to save for the Rumble or a post Mania surprise but he looks like the real deal, and they give him a monster push. Ethan Page - has been ready for ages, solid midcard heel and has minimal left to do in NXT. Jordynne Grace - Goes without saying, she's ready, unique look and hasn't looked out of place when showcased at a higher level. There are others who I think have come on leaps and bounds (Jacy Jayne, Jaida Parker, Thea Hail, Myles Borne, Je'Von Evans) but I have doubts about whether they'll get lost in the shuffle if called up. Who have I missed? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 19, 2025 Posted September 19, 2025 As always, there's far more women that would be great to call up. Sol and Jordynne are definitely the obvious two. Fatal Influence as a trio would be great. Keep them together rather than splitting them up. Any of Jaida, Kelani, Blake. Lola or Zaria could easily slot into the main roster, but they won't want to take everyone, especially when they lost Stephanie and Guilia. Trick and Oba definitely need to be the next ones. I think Trick has been there 3/4 years now, and Oba's done everything in the couple of years he's been there. While I agree Ethan could've easily gone straight to the main roster, he hasn't been around that long in comparison, so they might want to keep him for a bit. Je'Von should get to step up and fill the Trick/Oba void for a while before the main roster jump. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2025 How's Wren Sinclair getting on there? She used to be quite funny in her Instagram vids and was one of the AEW Dark lot I'd love to see pop up back in those halycon days (absolutely nothing to do with the fact I fancy her, promise!) Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 19, 2025 Posted September 19, 2025 29 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: How's Wren Sinclair getting on there? She used to be quite funny in her Instagram vids and was one of the AEW Dark lot I'd love to see pop up back in those halycon days (absolutely nothing to do with the fact I fancy her, promise!) She's featured fairly regularly, but not in any significant way. Mostly just slightly obsessed with Joe Hendry at the moment. Will be interesting to see if she moves towards him when he's moved over permanently. I hope she is. And absolutely nothing to do with me fancying her either. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.