Snitsky's back acne Posted June 12, 2025 Posted June 12, 2025 19 hours ago, The Gaffer said: There's no point having someone called Jasper Troy unless they're going to whack their opponent with a dinner tray and get carried off by the refs screaming "I'M JASPER TROY!" 100% this. Every time I hear the name. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 12, 2025 Posted June 12, 2025 10 hours ago, I Bent My Wookie said: 32 but this place has made me 45. It's the curse of John Tenta having an account here back in the day, everyone who signs up ages early. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 (edited) Mariah continuing the Toni Storm cosplay even after The Hollywood Ending is a whole new level of Long Term Storytelling. The lack of pop for that line is crazy. A former top shagger like Shawn Michaels should be ashamed of the fanbase he’s cultivated in NXT. Edited June 18, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 Bush league. Still, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say. Quote
Chili Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 Gave it a watch, I still think she's good. Good to see Rock's useless kid is still stealing a living. Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Mariah continuing the Toni Storm cosplay even after The Hollywood Ending is a whole new level of Long Term Storytelling. The lack of pop for that line is crazy. A former top shagger like Shawn Michaels should be ashamed of the fanbase he’s cultivated in NXT. Embarrassing shit Quote
digforvictory Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 I suppose it's still early days but of all the AEW to WWE moves we've seen in the last 18 months to 2 years I don't know if anyone has had as bad a start as Ricky Starks. He feels ice cold, you never see anyone talking about him. There's a few others that haven't started great, like Fenix, but at least they're on the main roster. This can't be how he was hoping the first few months in WWE would go. Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 The awkward silence on that hopping into bed line. How embarrassing. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 I think I must have watched a different segment to you guys, I thought it was fine. They're still establishing a character, and while there's definite nods to the Toni Storm character, to me it definitely feels more of a Sabrina Carpenter vibe their pushing for. Not saying they're doing it well, mind, but that's the intent I think, and I thought she did OK there. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 Think it's one of those where if the line hits, it's notable but it's kind of whatever. Who cares vibes. But it invites comparison, and when that comparison is a delivery to a crowd absolutely rabid for it vs a delivery where the crowd sounds like she's reading a McDonalds menu it comes off bad. I've had some big public speaking/entertainer roles in my life and if I was in her place I would be dying inside delivering a line like that to crickets. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 I didn't really see a problem with it. It was just one line. The segment was fine. But then I can't really be arsed watching shows to pick them all apart these days so happy to enjoy what I can. Nice they're putting some importance on Evolution and the roster wanting to appear on the show. It'll be interesting to see who gets that opportunity as it's a good one for someone to step up and put on a decent show on a bigger stage. They need to kill the Tony D stuff ASAP. It's awful now. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 5 hours ago, Supremo said: Mariah continuing the Toni Storm cosplay even after The Hollywood Ending is a whole new level of Long Term Storytelling. The lack of pop for that line is crazy. A former top shagger like Shawn Michaels should be ashamed of the fanbase he’s cultivated in NXT. Rehash the old Baron Corbin storyline where he loses everything and rebrand her Dime-less Blake Monroe. Only way it’s being saved. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: They need to kill the Tony D stuff ASAP. It's awful now. Yeah, it’s really, really bad. He’s a talented wrestler, but even at his best, I can’t see this gimmick doing anything other than tanking on the main roster. 10 hours ago, Supremo said: Mariah continuing the Toni Storm cosplay even after The Hollywood Ending is a whole new level of Long Term Storytelling. I didn’t think her general character resembled Toni Storm much at all, but I did think the segment was pretty dire. ‘Fatal Influence are as insecure as they are bitches’ was a terrible line that I’m not even sure makes sense! The performances were all bad, and Fatal Influence acting like they were pulled right out of Mean Girls felt dated - and I’d bet money that it was written by a male writer who thinks that’s how women talk. WWE has had a tendency for years to script women to talk like stereotypical teen drama characters, and the change in regime hasn’t fixed that. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 10 hours ago, RedTwoster said: The performances were all bad, and Fatal Influence acting like they were pulled right out of Mean Girls felt dated - and I’d bet money that it was written by a male writer who thinks that’s how women talk. WWE has had a tendency for years to script women to talk like stereotypical teen drama characters, and the change in regime hasn’t fixed that. And it's still 1000% better than Vince Russo writing every women to be a skank, slut or whore who will shag anyone and fuck you over at a moment's notice. Who hurt lttle Vincey Tate that bad? Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 15 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Rehash the old Baron Corbin storyline where he loses everything and rebrand her Dime-less Blake Monroe. Only way it’s being saved. I know his was just a vehicle for a terrible joke, but "only way it's being saved" seems like a bit of an overreaction. She's not even had a match yet. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.