Paid Members Statto Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 Kip Sabian is (to the best of my knowledge) the only person to wrestle at both Wembley Stadium & in front of about 50 people in the small rural high school sports hall in which I sat my A- level exams. As ZSJ has been mentioned - I always enjoy when wrestling presents an almost unique whiplash of performing in venues of vastly difficult size within days of each other, like when he worked in this small room with a Christmas tree in the corner days before being in a featured spot at the Tokyo Dome mere days later: Several of the bands who headline Wembley started out in pubs & clubs, not many of them play in a village hall days before the stadium date. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 I can remember seeing Will Ospreay wrestle in a surprise appearance in Cathays Community Centre a couple of days after he wrestled at Wrestle Kingdom for NJPW. That was quite the contrast. Quote
The Dart Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 (edited) I think the biggest contrast I can possibly think of like that is The Hardy Boyz, who appeared on a Full Impact Pro show in a bar car park in Orlando in front of 200 people (although they didn't have a match, they just stormed the ring, did a 2 minute promo and were out of there) quite literally 6 hours before winning the tag team titles at Wrestlemania and I was at both shows. Edited June 22, 2025 by The Dart Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 In the space of about 3/4 weeks back in 2019 I saw Pete Dunne lose the UK title to Gunther at an NXT Takeover the day before WM35 on tv, compete as a surprise entrant in a Rumble style battle royal for Futureshock at the first For The Love Of Wrestling convention then have a rematch with Gunther on the post Mania tour at the then Echo Arena Quote
TV Time Remaining Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 (edited) 11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Please don’t see this as a shot, but I just find it interesting how her being in WWE’s Training Warehouse in front of 1,500 people trumps the 50,000 odd she performed in front of at Wembley Stadium No worries man. Gotta be honest I have forgotten she wrestled at Wembley, I'm not a big AEW guy, no knock on them at all but I've been watching WWE since 1988. I'm and old git you see. Edited June 22, 2025 by TV Time Remaining Quote
TV Time Remaining Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 6 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Agreed. Her storyline could be that she has to marry the first stupidly rich aristocrat she can find or else her whole family will be impoverished forever - and she hates poor people. Who's being repackaged as The Duke Of Kidderminster? Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted June 23, 2025 Posted June 23, 2025 11 hours ago, TV Time Remaining said: Who's being repackaged as The Duke Of Kidderminster? It would need to be a sad git with a tiny penis so... Seth Rollins? Quote
poetofthedeed Posted June 25, 2025 Posted June 25, 2025 If I'm Joe Hendry I'm stealing Mr Iguanas pet or calling ICE, Because that was not the reaction a babyface return should get, flavor of the Month is already past his best before date. Putting the two prominent AEW guys in a title feud has been an interesting choice, kinda assuming it's loser leaves NXT at the next PLE. Tony D either needs to go to the main roster or be cut loose, he's threading water at this stage. Oba Femi is a walking cheque, just a big beautiful black man, and either of his match choices should be meaty goodness. I think Jacy Jayne has earned a shot at a run on the main roster, don't think she'll set the main event scene on fire, but she's a decent 2nd in a mean girls group. I'm really enjoying NXT at the moment, it's a nice combination of 2.0 and black and gold, and at the very least I'm interested in most of the characters. Quote
The Dart Posted June 25, 2025 Posted June 25, 2025 7 hours ago, poetofthedeed said: If I'm Joe Hendry I'm stealing Mr Iguanas pet or calling ICE, Because that was not the reaction a babyface return should get, flavor of the Month is already past his best before date. That was his second appearance of the night for the live crowd. That would explain the lack of reaction from the crowd. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted July 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2025 Great American Bash will be going head-to-head with All In on Saturday. I genuinely thought they'd try to stack the card but it doesn't look like it. The show is being held in a theatre which holds less than 800, tickets are still available, however that's more to do with the price tag (cheapest at the moment is $100 but most are over $300). Matches NXT Championship: Oba Femi (c) vs. Yoshiki Inamura NXT North American Championship - Falls Count Anywhere: Ethan Page (c) vs. Ricky Saints NXT Women's North American Championship: Sol Ruca (c) (with Zaria) vs. Izzi Dame Jordynne Grace and Blake Monroe vs. Fatal Influence (Jacy Jayne and Fallon Henley) Je'Von Evans vs. Jasper Troy Quote
The Dart Posted August 5, 2025 Posted August 5, 2025 Guessing not many people on here care, but WWE have just announced NXT are doing house shows outside of Florida for the first time since March 2020. Be interesting to see how well they do. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 20, 2025 Maybe I’m being overly sensitive, but it doesn’t really sit right with me that they did a ‘peace treaty’ segment in light of recent world events, and White House meetings. A lot of innocent people are dead, and it’s not the kind of thing I think they should be doing a parody of at the moment. Quote
Chico Torres Posted August 20, 2025 Posted August 20, 2025 The most offensive part of NXT are Blake Monroe’s promos. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted August 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 20, 2025 There's an AEW PPV on Sunday, you know what means! ? MATCHES NXT Championship: Oba Femi (c) vs. Je'Von Evans Jordynne Grace vs. Blake Monroe TNA Knockouts World Championship: Jacy Jayne (c) vs. Masha Slamovich vs. Ash by Elegance Chelsea Green and Ethan Page vs. Tyra Mae Steele and Tavion Heights Jaida Parker vs. Kelani Jordan vs. Lola Vice (Triple threat match to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Women's Championship) NXT Tag Team Championship: Hank and Tank (c) vs. Two members of DarkState (Dion Lennox, Osiris Griffin, Saquon Shugars, and/or Cutler James) Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 20, 2025 Posted August 20, 2025 I know it's unlikely but I'd love if they pulled the trigger on Evans. He's the best and most unique talent they've had in ages. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.