2021 Celebrity Death Thread

Magnum Milano

Fucks sake. 

The Wire was an absolute game changer for TV drama. Omar Little elevated it to that level. Michael K. Williams made Omar the king. 

I highly recommend his Vice documentary, Raised in the System, from a couple of years ago. It's a real eye opener and he's great in it. 

An absolute tragic loss. 

• Paid Members

That’s a shocking one.  Always gave a very intense, great performance.  Just a couple of years older than me.

Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members

when you come at the king, you best not miss.

Omar was one of the best characters in the history of telly. That when you saw Williams in other stuff you didn't just spend the whole time thinking "oh, it's Omar from The Wire" to me speaks volumes about just how great an actor he was too.

• Paid Members

Jean-Paul Belmondo has gone too. Lots of stuff on Twitter about his stuntwork, which was unprecedented for a lot of his career, but he was a brilliant and versatile actor and star who did tons of superb films with subtitles on them, which is why hardly anyone is talking about him.

This is sheer fucking lunacy though.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Jean-Paul Belmondo has gone too. Lots of stuff on Twitter about his stuntwork, which was unprecedented for a lot of his career, but he was a brilliant and versatile actor and star who did tons of superb films with subtitles on them, which is why hardly anyone is talking about him.

This is sheer fucking lunacy though.

Blimey that's a mad stunt what's that from? 

Gutted about Williams. The Wire is easily top 3 TV dramas of all time in my book and Omar was the best thing in it for me.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, DEF said:

Blimey that's a mad stunt what's that from? 

Gutted about Williams. The Wire is easily top 3 TV dramas of all time in my book and Omar was the best thing in it for me.

It's from The Burglars, which is also an absolutely cracking crime flick, too.

Here's a few more he did, they're all mental.

• 2 weeks later...