Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members

The Audible ad campaign which is plastered everywhere:

Wake up late for work. Pay for a taxi. It's Saturday! Laugh through it all with Audible.

You spent hundreds of thousands of pounds and this was the funniest real life situation you could come up with? Although it is pitch perfect for people who call themselves right cards and have 'you don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps!' signs on their desks.

• Paid Members

This minor annoyance is myself. We're doing a long distance move this week (Basingstoke to Manchester) and I've been so busy/stressed with work that I'm paying someone else to handle the whole thing for me, including packing my flat. You'd think that would be a lovely, stress-free experience but it's the day before they turn up to start packing and I've spent the entire day worrying that I should do more to prep for them. I've spent a load of money to not be stressed, why am I stressed that I'll upset(?) the people I've hired?!

• Paid Members

If you use Chrome and you visit Twitter a lot, typing T in the address bar will autofill "twitter.com".

If the rebranding has subliminally worked and you type X in the address bar when wanting to get Twitter, it will autofill to whatever site you visit most often that starts with an X.

Autofill does not care whether anyone else can see the screen.

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

If you use Chrome and you visit Twitter a lot, typing T in the address bar will autofill "twitter.com".

If the rebranding has subliminally worked and you type X in the address bar when wanting to get Twitter, it will autofill to whatever site you visit most often that starts with an X.

Autofill does not care whether anyone else can see the screen.

If you're visiting other sites with an X outside of incognito mode, you're asking for whatever you get.

• Paid Members

When there’s no brain to the ad rotation on streaming services. On Discovery Plus the other day there were probably 7-8 ads showing at various times but there’s nothing stopping repeats - one break, 3 out of the 4 ads shown were the same one. Maddening.

9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Every time another Royal Match ad pops up on YouTube with yet another tosser of a UK celeb.. from Mulhern to Cowell to Stacey Solomon. There's been like 20 of them and they're all fucking annoying.

I’ve just seen one with Take That in it. It’s more likely Fucking Tory Cunt Barlow’s choice with the other two just picking up the east paycheque