Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Had tuna and cheese on jacket potato for lunch. As I opened the tin in the sink, it slipped from the opener and as it dropped and hit the bottom of the sink, a lovely splash of the brine went in my hair and on to my glasses.

Lovely. 

First cold coffee. Now this. Maybe you are the arsehole.

• Paid Members

I'm getting annoyed by a couple of adverts where the brand seem to want to dump on their own products. That Cadbury ad where the lad says to his dad "Before you ask, they didn't have Fruit & Nut" and that's the only reason he bought him plain Dairy Milk. That Burger King ad that seems to say the Chicken Royale boy is an idiot for not getting a Whopper, even saying on screen "We give up." Like... what's the point? I don't get it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I'm getting annoyed by a couple of adverts where the brand seem to want to dump on their own products. That Cadbury ad where the lad says to his dad "Before you ask, they didn't have Fruit & Nut" and that's the only reason he bought him plain Dairy Milk. That Burger King ad that seems to say the Chicken Royale boy is an idiot for not getting a Whopper, even saying on screen "We give up." Like... what's the point? I don't get it.

You talk about it on a forum and make someone want a Burger King?

• Paid Members

I was thinking for a long time about the Rodeo Burger until I was reminded it was just BBQ sauce and onion rings that made it different from a cheeseburger and there was no bacon involved. Then I was sad.

• Paid Members

Whenever I go to the post office with a handful of packages to send, I ALWAYS get a huff and a puff from the clerk. One or two, it's fine, but if you have to take up more than 5 minutes of their time then they look at you with scorn. I took in eight parcels yesterday, all super simple DVD-sized packages, and you'd think I'd barged into the clerk's house on Easter Sunday and shat in her chocolate eggs.

I don't do those "big" deliveries often, maybe once a year at most, but I still dread going there because it means I get the daggers and the long, drawn-out breath and the same old speech about getting an account so I can dump them in a bag and get charged later (which would ultimately cost me MORE). I've never known customer service like it.

5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Whenever I go to the post office with a handful of packages to send, I ALWAYS get a huff and a puff from the clerk. One or two, it's fine, but if you have to take up more than 5 minutes of their time then they look at you with scorn. I took in eight parcels yesterday, all super simple DVD-sized packages, and you'd think I'd barged into the clerk's house on Easter Sunday and shat in her chocolate eggs.

I don't do those "big" deliveries often, maybe once a year at most, but I still dread going there because it means I get the daggers and the long, drawn-out breath and the same old speech about getting an account so I can dump them in a bag and get charged later (which would ultimately cost me MORE). I've never known customer service like it.

The Post Office near me is like that. I had to go into my local one one time to drop some parcels off for my dad. A guy walked in off the street and asked whoever was closest (me) if they knew where there was a cash machine. I pointed up the street and off the bloke headed. Seconds later, the manager is telling me off because THEY have cash machine in their post office (hidden around a corner) and I was responsible for them losing a customer. If it were my own parcels, I would've walked out and told them they'd just lost two in one minute.

21 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Can you imagine checkout staff at a supermarket chucking their toys out of the pram because someone has the audacity to turn up with a full trolley of shopping? Stroppy fucker should just get on with their job.