Kunts Christmas

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Nick James said:

In fact, who the fuck buys music in 2022 that's not second hand CDs for when you can't be arsed to fart about connecting Bluetooth in the car. 

I've started buying new LPs for a few reasons. I needed a cunty hobby and record collecting seemed just the ticket. I'm not one of those wankers who thinks vinyl sounds better than CDs or "warm", but they're undoubtedly nicer artefacts than CDs or tapes, and it blows my tiny little mind that music can be heard off a spinning plastic disc and needle. I have felt guilty for a while about artists getting fuck all from spotify, and I've found with spotify I tend to just listen to random songs on shuffle and hardly ever listen to an album all the way though. They're fucking expensive though, so I have to limit myself to a couple a month at most. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m not sharing the tweet (though it was liked by Kunt so happy days), but this is the Venn diagram surely 0B1E3AFA-2D0B-4B15-9803-F5D5BFD40357.thumb.jpeg.346eaae8a7df310f006f756397e903f3.jpeg

What is the point of a comedy venn diagram where the intersections are unlabeled? That's supposed to be the punchline, surely?

Edit: also and yes, I buy music. Fuck spotify.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

35 minutes ago, gmoney said:

it blows my tiny little mind that music can be heard off a spinning plastic disc and needle.

i've had it explained to me a few times, watched videos about how it works, own hundreds of them but i still don't really comprehend how it all works. it should't sound that good.

as for ladbaby, he's been clever this year getting Martin Lewis and other as yet unannounced "beloved" musical artists on his song, he obviously knows the public are on to him and wouldn't be buying his song in sufficient numbers if it was just him and Mrs Baby, last year he got Elton and Sheeran in on it but this year he's realised he needs even more national treasures on it to ensure their fanbases buy it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

What is the point of a comedy venn diagram where the intersections are unlabeled? That's supposed to be the punchline, surely?

Edit: also and yes, I buy music. Fuck spotify.

I thought the name gave it away, but updated C19EA753-C9A6-4064-B098-E8DEDFBFA41A.thumb.png.f6cd72c4b1089e1d6a963b976ceb224b.png

As to buying music, I don’t know why it’s frowned upon these days. My daughter buys Vinyl (which I do find nuts spending £50 on a Taylor Swift album you can listen to in HD 360 Dolby Atmos, but whatever), but when you have a paid streaming service, it’s fine until an artist pulls their music from that platform. They can’t stop you listening to a CD or Audio files you have purchased. Plus the artists cut on those services is shocking. If you want to support an artist, buy their music. If you want to give money to a charity, give it to them direct, not support grifters like Ladbaby and their small percentage going there instead.

• Paid Members

I must clarify my takes on buying music, the singles part of my comment was intended, but the rest was more tongue in cheek. Buying singles went down when Woolworths did, so I genuinely don't know who actually buys them these days. I often go on a CD buying spree, but as mentioned, more for in the car that playing in the house.

Although, I've had the same Best of James CD loaded in the car for as long as I can remember and thats only for when internet connection is spotty, as its usually podcasts I listen to. Tried to get into collecting LP's, before realising how expensive they are against how much I actually played them. 

• Paid Members

one of the few times Morrissey was right about something was when he turned down Band Aid on the grounds that how much money is given to starving Africans shouldn't be contingent on whether or not a fourteen year old girl in Salford buys a single that month. 

What makes all this shit worse is that the charts take into account Spotify streams and downloads and the like, so there's probably loads of people out there listening to this stuff without actually buying the single, which means that presumably people actually enjoy the music beyond the notional pat on the back for having given a pittance to charitable causes that only exist to absolve the government of their guilt in the first place.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, gmoney said:

and it blows my tiny little mind that music can be heard off a spinning plastic disc and needle.

Blows my fucking mind. CDs, MP3s, streaming etc I can easily get my head around- but grooves in a plastic disc being scratched by a needle will never not astound me. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Blows my fucking mind. CDs, MP3s, streaming etc I can easily get my head around- but grooves in a plastic disc being scratched by a needle will never not astound me. 

The best thing is that you don't need speakers to hear it. I discovered this by accident as a teenager when I put a record on and forgot to switch the amplifier on. This little spike that's about 0.2mm long, being dragged along a piece of plastic, but in such a way that it will acoustically cause music to appear.

• Paid Members

You can stick a needle though the bottom of a plastic or paper cup and hold it to the turntable and it'll create an ad-hoc little speaker.