Negative associations

Chest Rockwell

Galaxy chocolate, to the point I feel ill even thinking about it.

When I was 12 or 13 I contracted severe food poisoning after eating a dodgy burger from a now defunct chippy. 

Before the symptoms developed I ate a Galaxy Ripple for the very last time. Almost 20 years later, even the smell of Galaxy chocolate (as slight as it is) has me feeling queasy. It’s been ruined for me.

• Paid Members

Sue Perkins. I used to think she was absolutely stunning until someone on here posted a photo of themselves and whoever it was (I forget his name) looked just like her. Now whenever I see her I feel so dirty I have to turn away. 

The only other thing is my reflection, I've only once in 30 odd years caught sight of myself myself in a mirror and not been appalled by what stares back at me. 

• Paid Members

Silly one - Toyota Yaris. Probably a good car but it's been marketed to utter bellends over its history.

Serious one - escalators. A few years back I went to London with mother who has a walker, and one one of the underground stations with no lifts we went up with the stroller and almost tilted backwards. My bloody fault, and since then I actually can't go up one at all; it's weird as going *down* one is normally fine if it's short, but going up makes me feel I'm not secure at all. 

I choked on a raisin when I was about four and spewed everywhere. I've never been able to touch one since due to it. Saying that I've never why understood why anybody would enjoy eating something like that which has had the life dried out of it.

I also never used to like prawns as I thought they looked like small fingers but I seem have to have gotten over that very weird one.

Oh and @Frankie Crisp that story had me roaring with laughter. The thought of a strong peach vodka is bad enough without adding in your mate's arse explosion!

Cider. Mostly apple but pretty much any kind really. It's all i used to drink until I went to stay with my friend at Lancaster Uni. They'd had a cider festival on and the remnants of this were on the back of the bar. Being nineteen and moronic I spied a flagon of what might have been Old Rosie at the back of the bar and, in a pathetic attempt to impress, loudly insisted that I had to have this seemingly 'gigantic' bottle of cider. The barmaid politely warned me that it hadn't been in the fridge and would likely be warm, but I laughed this off. I distinctly remember forcing this gross urine coloured liquid down my throat, trying not to let on that I'd made a colossal error.

The following day, after having to stay for around twelve hours longer than intended, I made my pitiful way home and haven't touched the stuff since - to the point that when something's thrown over me at a gig, I think I notice it less if it's piss than if it's cider.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

For years I wouldn't touch Nestle chocolate, not even a KitKat, because I'd got sick one Easter from a, unknown at the time, rancid Milkybar Egg. Only ended about 10 years ago when a family member gave me a box of Walnut Whips for either Christmas or my birthday

Toffee Vodka - a couple of years into my current job, I'd gone out for a few Friday night drinks with my oldest mates which ended in the pub near where our junior school once stood drinking shots of toffee vodka, queue the next morning being violently ill several times before and on the way to work and having to cover up that it was food poisoning and not the vodka. Any time I see a bottle in a supermarket, B&M or Home Bargains I get a queasy feeling in my stomach

• Paid Members

Tequila - I cannot even think about the stuff without genuinely feeling quite ill. I've never been particularly fond of it, but watching a mate throw up half a bottle of it and the pure vile stench that came out while it was happening in turn made me throw up and since then I've not been able to touch the stuff. Working in a students union bar was hell on sports club night. 

Escalators and bridges - I'm another for escalators but it's going down them that I just can't stand. I don't have the best balance so moving forward and down under something else's power freaks me out. I also have such a fear of hights that looking down and realising how far up I am with no safety net is hell, much the same for bridges.

• Paid Members

Milky tea. 

I'm sure most dedicated tea drinkers think milky tea is a sin to start with, but I recall being quite young and my Dad making me a cup. I proceeded to vomit violently into a suitcase full of Lego that I was playing with at the time. Filled it right up to the top, Brother. 

Probably why I only drink Coffee as an adult.