Negative associations

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Just now, HarmonicGenerator said:

Do you ... warm up all your ketchup?

This forum would fucking love that wouldn't they? Could you imagine. 

No I just tend to only eat it with hot food. So I can dip chips and stuff into it or have it in burgers, but can't eat it in a cold sandwich or anything. 

• Paid Members

Peaky Blinders. I've never watched it. But I associate it with every 19 year old twat with a fade acting like a hard man in pubs, and every midlife crisis sad act who started wearing flat caps and waistcoats with watch chains in the last three years. Doesn't help that someone at work is mad on it, and he's a prick. His desk used to be behind mine, and I was really surprised when he had a Nick Cave song as his ringtone until I learned it was the theme tune. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Ok, but I feel like that covers pretty much every use case of ketchup that I can think of. I would never have it would cold food anyway. Who the fuck puts ketchup in a cold sandwich?

Stuff like ham sandwiches or the rare cases where I get some on my hand when I'm dishing up, I can't lick it off or anything, I'd have to wash it off cos I can't stand the smell of it either.

16 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Stuff like ham sandwiches or the rare cases where I get some on my hand when I'm dishing up, I can't lick it off or anything, I'd have to wash it off cos I can't stand the smell of it either.

a hams sandwich with ketchup? i've never in all my born days....

brown sauce on  a corned beef sandwich, yes, every time. but Tommy K on a cold sandwich, blow me down. 

• Paid Members

Only tangentially related, but I saw a middle-aged bloke sat on a bench outside M&S yesterday, in a three piece cream suit, just going to town on a packet of ham slices. Taking each one out in turn and shoving the whole thing in his mouth at once, one after the other. Mesmerising. 

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

Only tangentially related, but I saw a middle-aged bloke sat on a bench outside M&S yesterday, in a three piece cream suit, just going to town on a packet of ham slices. Taking each one out in turn and shoving the whole thing in his mouth at once, one after the other. Mesmerising. 

And? I've got to the point in my life where I don't even cut bits of cheese off the block, I just break lumps off with my hands.

Life's too short Pat, let him be.

Live. Love. Ham.

• Paid Members

Tinned potatoes are fucking disgusting. Not sure there is a worse tinned version of something. 

The king of tinned food, is of course, a whole chicken, as demonstrated in the story below. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4693520.stm

The finest journalism.

Edited by gmoney

54 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

every midlife crisis sad act who started wearing flat caps and waistcoats with watch chains in the last three years.

They are the sort who say hip hop promotes gang culture whilst posting pictures of the Krays saying this is what a gangster looks like. 

• Paid Members

Sweetcorn

I didn't mind it as a kid, but when I was 19 a friend's Dad told me a story about working in a sewer and seeing lumps of the stuff floating around because it doesn't digest. Never touched the stuff since.

I appreciate a number of other pulses etc don't digest fully either but that story was so viscerally told that I gag at the mere thought. 

TL:DR Sweetcorn is shit

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Sweetcorn

I didn't mind it as a kid, but when I was 19 a friend's Dad told me a story about working in a sewer and seeing lumps of the stuff floating around because it doesn't digest. Never touched the stuff since.

I appreciate a number of other pulses etc don't digest fully either but that story was so viscerally told that I gag at the mere thought. 

TL:DR Sweetcorn is shit

I remember on Richard Herring's podcast, Emma Kennedy talked about an uncle of hers (or something like that) who talked about peas not digesting. Said that he'd seen a pea floating in the toilet, looking utterly pristine after the flush, just there in the water, so he fished it out and cleaned it off before popping it back in his mouth - possibly with thoughts of Kopi Luwak coffee, or just thinking 'well, that looks oddly delicious'.

Unfortunately, as he started to chew, it turned out it was just the skin that had survived, and it was just filled with poo.

So 90% of the sweetcorn probably digests normally and it's probably just the sweetcorn skin that's the surviving bit, leaving you perfectly-wrapped sweetcorn-shaped pieces of shit.

That probably doesn't help with regards to the sweetcorn thing, actually.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Oh. I didn't realise this was that weird. I've done this at my desk at work a number of times with a pack of pastrami when I wanted a protein heavy tasty snack, usually after a lunchtime gym session.

Edited by Chest Rockwell