Off Topic Minor Annoyances.

Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Are you OK? Accents, words, beer, prosecco, Jagerbombs have all annoyed you this month. Do you need some weed or something? :)

I’m always easily rattled. Blame Levy.

• Paid Members

Got to disagree on patty. For me the meat concoction is the patty, the shape is a burger. Its up there for me with how people claim a vegan sausage roll isn't a sausage roll because it doesn't have pork. Doesn't matter what the filling is, if the shape resembles something we all know it's that. 

• Paid Members
On 8/17/2020 at 7:14 PM, Wretch said:

Minor to most people probably, but one that does my nut in whenever I see it. Characters in TV/movies playing the guitar when the actor obviously hasn't a fucking clue what they're doing. Surely there's someone on set who can teach them the shape of a few chords at least?

But when they try and do this, having one hand shape that moves at random up and down the neck is just as annoying.

Just don't have their face and hands in the shot at the same time, and use a hand double for close ups.

• Paid Members

People who wait until the cashier announces the final price before getting their handbags/wallets out, like its a massive fucking surprise that their shopping isn't free of charge.

Also, after the past few weeks in north Wales, tourists. Tourists in general.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Got to disagree on patty. For me the meat concoction is the patty, the shape is a burger. Its up there for me with how people claim a vegan sausage roll isn't a sausage roll because it doesn't have pork. Doesn't matter what the filling is, if the shape resembles something we all know it's that. 

Not the same for me. The shape IS the point but “burger” is a perfectly good word for the thing in a bun, whether it’s meat, lentil burger, tofu burger, whatever. It doesn’t only become a burger when the “patty” is put in a bun. We coped without “patty” distinguishing it for at least 25 years of my life to my estimation. The meal of “burgers” should be obvious that the burger comes in a bun with some fillings unless explicitly stated as “no bun” or “naked” on a menu for instance. The context of the sentence makes it obvious whether it’s the burger itself or the serving suggestion referred to. Just like nobody needed it making clear wether if it was the Royal Rumble “match” they were talking about or the Royal Rumble “event/pay per view” until WWE decided we were all thick.

If it’s that shape that defines the name “sausage roll” and not the filling, why for decades did Greggs not market the cheese and onion roll as the “cheese and onion sausage roll”?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

We coped without “patty” distinguishing it for at least 25 years of my life to my estimation.

In about 1999 I worked at McDonalds and they called them pattys in all the internal paperwork, and some advertising. I think I remember Burger King and Wendy's doing the same, but that could be my memory being shite.

19 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Can we add 'gal' to this. Makes my toes curl when I read 'gal's night'. Fuck off with that. 

Add to this, anyone calling me Gal. Gaz is OK if you know me well enough, Gazza will see you get stared at. Gal will probably get you a headbutt (unless you are my Dad)