Off Topic Minor Annoyances.

Rey_Piste

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Nope. Forks go face up so the tines don't get stuck in the holes in the little cutlery box. If you are cutting yourself on a fork when emptying the dishwasher that is pathetic.

I've definitely stabbed myself in the hand  on a fork getting the caddy out. It might be a different design, but I never had any difficulty taking the cutlery out of it though.

When the lid on a Pot Noodle doesn't rip off flush and leaves a bit round the side.

Also, when crisp packets don't rip off neat leaving a fucked up corner which makes pouring into mouth an impossibility. McCoys and Kettle Chips are the worst offenders. Making me open them like I'm diffusing a bomb. Slags.

I'm still being recommended reaction videos. I've never clicked on one and I routinely flag them down. The music ones particularly get my goat. I sincerely don't want to watch Christians/Hip-Hop heads/grandma bopping away to Reign in Blood for the first time. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

When the lid on a Pot Noodle doesn't rip off flush and leaves a bit round the side.

Also, when crisp packets don't rip off neat leaving a fucked up corner which makes pouring into mouth an impossibility. McCoys and Kettle Chips are the worst offenders. Making me open them like I'm diffusing a bomb. Slags.

The Muller bomb is the worst. Like a  Bukkake wonderland.

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Not sure if this is minor to be honest, as when it happens it's the worst thing on earth, but catching headphone wires on something and them being violently yanked from your ears. 

That is far from a minor annoyance, it's an every day struggle at work for me. I have these headphones with a massive long cable and they end up being wrapped around me, my chair and anything near by meaning somethings coming crashing down when I get up. Really need to get some wireless ones in the office. 

6 hours ago, gmoney said:

Not sure if this is minor to be honest, as when it happens it's the worst thing on earth, but catching headphone wires on something and them being violently yanked from your ears. 

Broadly related, but anything (hand, object) accidentally knocking my glasses has me flying into the worst rage.

The other day I was killing ANOTHER fucking fly (a separate thread needed for these cunts) and the blinds swung and hit my glasses as I was swatting and honestly, I wanted to put the window through.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, gmoney said:

The only positive to this is watching it happen to others on a Teams call and seeing that momentary panic and frustration as they fumble to put them back in. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Tommy! said:

The only positive to this is watching it happen to others on a Teams call and seeing that momentary panic and frustration as they fumble to put them back in. 

It's also fierce frustrating when it happens as you're enjoying looking at the world through a VR helmet, and your elbow, shoulder or thumb catches a piece of flailing wire and pulls the headphones out of the phone jack, and as you scramble frantically to put them back in, the phone falls violently out of the VR helmet (of which the head strap falls apart) and the display  goes from VR world back to the home screen which is a picture of the family. 

By then it's game over, ball burst. 

• Paid Members

There’s a world of words added to everyday use that really vex me either because they’re either completely superfluous or because there’s already a perfectly good word doing the same job. I think I’ve whinged before about the hideous Americanisation of “season” to illustrate which series of a show you’re watching. I hate it, I’ll never use it. Tonight I was watching the second series of Million Pound Menu and I was reminded of another that I hate : “patty.” Sorry, but the part of the burger which IS the burger, is called a burger. Bun, burger, sauce. “Patty” can fuck off.

Edited by air_raid

People on TV shows playing darts and aiming for the bullseye.  Annoys me even more if its a British show. No excuses.

Also my inability/apathy to check anything before I send or post.

Edited by Dazzer

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

There’s a world of words added to everyday use that really vex me either because they’re either completely superfluous or because there’s already a perfectly good word doing the same job. I think I’ve whinged before about the hideous Americanisation of “season” to illustrate which series of a show you’re watching. I hate it, I’ll never use. Tonight I was watching the second series of Million Pound Menu and I was reminded of another that I hate : “patty.” Sorry, but the part of the burger which IS the burger, is called a burger. Bun, burger, sauce. “Patty” can fuck off.

Are you OK? Accents, words, beer, prosecco, Jagerbombs have all annoyed you this month. Do you need some weed or something? :)