Off Topic Minor Annoyances.

Rey_Piste

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Yeah, fully on board with that gripe. Saw a local girl say it earlier. Liverpool! Who the fuck says ’mom’ around here? Hope she finds out she’s adopted.

The correct term as everyone knows is "Mam" 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Egg? Maybe if you like your burgers grey and bland. Replace that egg with the equivalent metric weight of salt.

The egg's just for binding the meat. Seasoning's a different thing altogether. When I make burgers, the basic recipe is mincemeat, finely-diced onions, Dunn's River All-Purpose seasoning, some dried thyme or sage, and an egg. 

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Served between two brioche patties?

Don't be ridiculous.

Got to put some white truffle oil first.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

The egg's just for binding the meat. Seasoning's a different thing altogether. When I make burgers, the basic recipe is mincemeat, finely-diced onions, Dunn's River All-Purpose seasoning, some dried thyme or sage, and an egg. 

He didn't say the salt should replace the egg. He said egg has no place in a burger and salt is necessary, and he's right.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

He didn't say the salt should replace the egg. He said egg has no place in a burger and salt is necessary, and he's right.

I've not tried making burgers without egg, because I didn't want to risk they'd fall apart the moment they hit the pan, but that's what I was told when I was given the recipe. Either that or breadcrumbs to bind it all together.