Off Topic Minor Annoyances.

Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Rounds in general are a nightmare to navigate at the best of times, but there's always one wanker who thinks he's won by skipping out or upgrading his drink....... 

Thankfully I'm at an age now where I just refuse unless it's 2-3 people. 

It's also that I plan to go out for 1 or 2 to catch up. It's when I end up out for 5 because I'm the last on the round and it sounds stupid to leave money for everyone else and go. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

This only came to mind because I witnessed it at my friend's house at the weekend and has happened to me, my dad and several acquaintances - Taking the time to hang out the washing or put it over the drying rack only for your other half to spend twice as long taking it down and reorganising the way they want it. 

One of those things that is really niggly annoying too. Why ask us to put the washing out? And why do we bother when we know it'll be Feng Shui'ed within the hour anyway!? 

If only there was a way to avoid this annoyance. Like.... and this might sound crazy.... learning how she wants it done and doing it right first time?

The replies to things like this. This is a shit joke that has been made about 56,000 times since the exam result fiasco in some form or another, and people react like it's the funniest, smartest thing they've ever heard.

"Well played Sir" "Tweet of the week!" "You're so clever" "👏👏👏" Fucking idiots. Fuck off.

I'm going to bed.

• Moderators

Exactly. Is she nitpicking, or is there something about the method that is objectively better and worth learning? If the former then she needs to learn to let go a bit and let people do things they way they want to do them. And tbh sometimes you have to learn to let it go anyway, as is the case with my wife's objectively worse dishwasher-stacking technique.

43 minutes ago, air_raid said:

If only there was a way to avoid this annoyance. Like.... and this might sound crazy.... learning how she wants it done and doing it right first time?

BECAUSE THE BED IS PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY I MAKE IT!

Yeah I definitely find most of those discussions with the wife are pretty pointless. She has her way. I have mine. We both survived doing things that way before we got together, so I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with either. But yeah, if I do things my way and then she just follows around changing it, that's just her being fussy.

• Paid Members

Happy wife, happy life. Let go of caring about who’s right and do it how she wants. Annoyances avoided.

Unless it involves route planning, obviously.

14 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Unless it involves route planning, obviously.

This reminds me of one of my minor annoyances. Sat navs. Rather than use it as an aid to help you if you're not sure where something is, people become way to reliant on them and will completely question their own judgement on a journey they have made 1000 times because the sat nav told them to. 

53 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Exactly. Is she nitpicking, or is there something about the method that is objectively better and worth learning? If the former then she needs to learn to let go a bit and let people do things they way they want to do them. And tbh sometimes you have to learn to let it go anyway, as is the case with my wife's objectively worse dishwasher-stacking technique.

It's fine as long as you're not a total wrong'un who leaves knives pointing up. Or the absolute dirt worst are people who don't put cups and glasses in upside down. Although one of my ex's mum would fully wash everything then put it in the dishwasher. What's the fucking point of that? 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

This reminds me of one of my minor annoyances. Sat navs. Rather than use it as an aid to help you if you're not sure where something is, people become way to reliant on them and will completely question their own judgement on a journey they have made 1000 times because the sat nav told them to. 

My dad puts his on to go to the local shop, a 2 minute drive that involves two turns, a route he's taken thousands of times since 2001. 

35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Apart from cups and glasses, there is no right or wrong way of loading a dishwasher. It all gets cleaned in exactly the same way. 

Well there is, you can maximise space and put a lot more in if you put things in the 'correct' space. Otherwise just lie one plate flat on the top rack and one flat on the bottom one and its 'full'.