Off Topic Minor Annoyances.

Rey_Piste

52 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Well there is, you can maximise space and put a lot more in if you put things in the 'correct' space. Otherwise just lie one plate flat on the top rack and one flat on the bottom one and its 'full'.

Oh, sorry. I was more talking about which way the plates face and the need to put cutlery in a certain position, as it all gets cleaned the same.

I refuse to believe there's people dumb enough to put one plate on the top rack and one plate on the bottom rack.

11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh, sorry. I was more talking about which way the plates face and the need to put cutlery in a certain position, as it all gets cleaned the same.

That's the one thing I disagree with. Knives and forks should face down in the little cage, otherwise you can cut yourself taking it out of the machine.

Ahh fair enough @SuperBaconthough knives do need to be blade down.

As for the people being stupid enough to put one plate on either rack, you'd be suprised! You should see the way my mother in law puts dishes to dry on the rack. It's a two storey one and she literally will lie a pint glass across the top one and a plate on the bottom and leave it at that. A guinea pig would have better logic.

• Paid Members

People eating soup. They blow their spoon, then make this poxy loud breathe in noise as they're putting the spoon into their mouth and then clank the spoon off their poxy teeth.
If you want to know if you can truly love someone unconditionally, sit opposite them in a quiet room as they have a bowl of fucking soup.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

That's the one thing I disagree with. Knives and forks should face down in the little cage, otherwise you can cut yourself taking it out of the machine.

Nope. Forks go face up so the tines don't get stuck in the holes in the little cutlery box. If you are cutting yourself on a fork when emptying the dishwasher that is pathetic.

22 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

I have a dishwasher in my apartment and haven't used it in the 18 months I've lived there.

In my last flat, it was inside a faux cupboard.

About 9 months in I had a leak under the kitchen sink and the estate agent asked if it could be coming from the dishwasher.

It was then I realised I had a dishwasher.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

People eating soup. The blow their spoon, then make this poxy loud breathe in noise as they're putting the spoon into their mouth and then clank the spoon off their poxy teeth.
If you want to know if you can truly love someone unconditionally, sit opposite them in a quiet room as they have a bowl of fucking soup.

This isn't minor.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

How do you feel about people who put soup in a mug and drink it @Scott Malbranque it avoids all that but watching someone drink a mug of Heinz tomato soup always seems so wrong to me.

Well, on that Mossy, there's an elderly chap I work with and he'd have a cup of Bovril or Oxo every morning and would dunk white bread into it. It's a vile act and idea, and when he's trying to get the bread into his mouth before the wet brown stuff makes it break apart, he makes this "Hoff hoff hoff aoofff" noise and that drives me fucking spare so I'd just leave my desk for a few minutes.
He's working from home now, which is grand.

I don't mind anyone drinking soup out of a cup, if they don't blow it to cool it down and then just make a rotten slurping noise, regardless.