General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

Past 6 or 7 years, I've correctly called the eventual Champions before the season even started (apart from Leicester). Not because I'm great, just because it seemed obvious. Can't predict this year's at all. Liverpool: I'd be concerned about the form since March. Fewer clean sheets, more defeats & too much reliance on Salah. Man City: still too fragile at the back (how many fucking left backs do you need to try?), an ageing and more frequently injured Aguero, an older & more often played out of position Fernandinho + the losses of Sane & D. Silva & Pep's unwillingness to ever just lump the fucker, or park the bus if necessary. If things go particularly well for Man U or Chelsea, they could be serious contenders & even Arsenal could pinch a top-4 spot.

Just referring back to the Fantasy Football subject. I must have been playing these bloody things for over 25 years now (from when you had to phone your team and transfers in, with Rod Wallace, Regi Blinker & Paul Braithwaite being some of my earlier selections). I've played the Official Premier League game for the past 5 or 6 years (that's the one with around 6 million entrants), in addition to my main game with The Telegraph. Prior to that it was mostly the Mirror's game. Best ever finish was 188th or something similar.

Edited by KingofSports
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Butch Sunny.mp4

Up The Shagging Hollywood Town    

They even used a cracking Dusty finish in the Brighton/United match...

Posted Images

On 9/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve done the fantasy league in work, I’m more excited about that to be honest. Three fullbacks and Mane, Salah and Greenwood in midfield. Garth ain’t got shit on me.

Me too mate. My team has never been in the Premier League & I sacked Sky Sports off years ago, so basically (other than the odd bit of MoTD) I get to see fuck all. Whislt I may still have preferences, essentially I couldn't care less. FF gives me a reason to care, a hobby & at times, something to occcupy my mind. Couldn't give a shit about the prize at the end of it, just being able to compete is enough. Such a shame that 'professionals' always seem to win these things, purchasing multiple teams & using spread betting (if that's the right phrase) & fucking algorithms. Bulgarians seem to have a habit of winning. They interviewed one winner & he was a statistician by 'profession'. It's not really in the spirit of the game is it? Take me on one on one, or five on five, bitch. Incidentally, last season's winner of the Official Premier League game (Bulgarian, I think) was stripped of that win, for racially abusing Raheem Sterling online!

Wow. That bad is he! No offence to Wrexham intended. Though to be fair, I have caused a lot of offence in Wrexham, over the years. Used to have part of one of your seats in my wardrobe. I think my mam chucked it out eventually.

Edited by KingofSports
3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Adam Barton was at Wrexham last season. One of the worst footballers I have ever seen. 

Not quite as intended. No expense spared at Wrexham, on the match programme front.

53a52c1354165961.jpg450fab1354165963.jpg

41aacb1354165968.jpgc1a10c1354165973.jpg

-Finally managed to rescue some code that actually links these fuckers to something. Hit the links below, if you've any desire to see these images-

https://ibb.co/HNgQDRJ

https://ibb.co/hMFx5SP

https://ibb.co/Q9hnCJW

https://ibb.co/LQ7skkV

Edited by KingofSports
Fucking BB code nonsense

Brilliantly controlled performance from the Blues at Spurs. Allan, Doucoure and James slotted in with absolute ease with the former getting MotM on Sky and the latter getting the fan's vote. Great goal to win it as well, super ball from Digne and a Big Dunc-esque header from Calvert-Lewin. Naturally we'll ruin all this good feeling probably either against Salford on Weds or next week against West Brom but I'm gonna enjoy it for now

16 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Brilliantly controlled performance from the Blues at Spurs. Allan, Doucoure and James slotted in with absolute ease with the former getting MotM on Sky and the latter getting the fan's vote. Great goal to win it as well, super ball from Digne and a Big Dunc-esque header from Calvert-Lewin. Naturally we'll ruin all this good feeling probably either against Salford on Weds or next week against West Brom but I'm gonna enjoy it for now

I was surprised how well they all settled. A very good performance, and after all of Everton's utter dross signings over the last few years, and mostly the fans seem well ok, they definitely deserve to be up there pushing for Top 4.

Why do they deserve to be pushing for a top 4 place? They should be but I don’t think they deserve to be based on the past few seasons. Their fans are no better nor worse than most clubs. They don’t have that wanker glory hunting element but they definitely have a RAWK-ish element and an incredibly negative element as well. They’ve been mismanaged in the transfer market for 4 or 5 years now and should be far better than they have been. They do do great work in the community and Speedo Mick is a hero but not sure that that warrants a top 4 place.