General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

Big potential there with Neco. Had a couple of iffy performances but Klopp doesn’t give a shit and it’s not affected him so far. He’s unfortunate in that he’s stuck behind the best right back in world football (not called Matt Docherty) but he’ll get plenty of opportunities and at worst he’ll end up at another premier league club.

Klopp was telling people Wilson will be getting his chance this season too but if a Villa or Newcastle stump up the cash he’ll be gone I reckon. Big season for him, he’s something of a luxury forward but he either has to kick on or reinvent himself to make it at Liverpool. 

• Moderators

Wilson probably needs to go to be honest. He's not about to get a game at Liverpool, and apparently Liverpool are in the argument for signing David Brooks along with Leeds, Leicester and S***s which would put him even further down the pecking order (although it's a bad signing for Brooks to be honest).

Somewhere like Sheffield United might suit him. 

Woodburn missed the bus and has gone backwards, it'd be a shame for it to happen to Wilson too as he's a quality footballer. 

Edited by PowerButchi

Yeah he’d definitely be better suited at a mid table team at this point. I’d have him over Shaqiri but he’ll barely get a game if he stays this year. 

I worked with Woodburn’s dad for a short while and he never once mentioned his son was shit hot at football. I think he’s just one of those players who are exceptional at youth level but that’s about their ceiling and they end up knocking about up and down the leagues. 

• Moderators

Woodburn's love of Liquid in Wrexham has done him no favours either. He's had big injury problems too. And maybe it might have been too much too soon for him? 

Scoring a screamer in your first cap to save a euro campaign after coming off the bench at the crescendo of a "we're fucked now" solemn singing of the anthem by a sold out crowd at the Cardiff City stadium, with perfect timing tbf, might have put undue pressure on a 17 year old. 

But the saddest thing is that Woodburn is seen as a bust but Wilson as a good young talent, when Harry Wilson is about 3 years older than him. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

But the saddest thing is that Woodburn is seen as a bust but Wilson as a good young talent, when Harry Wilson is about 3 years older than him. 

Woodburn still has hope I reckon. Harry Wilson had a disastrous loan spell at Crewe and it was looking like his first cap (a 2 minute cameo against Belgium to stop England nicking him) would be his last. But he was somewhat of a late bloomer, so you never know.

I'm more worried about the GK situation with neither Hennessey or Danny Ward getting any games.

I must say this all seems a far cry from 2004-2010 under Toshack (poor bloke) when we were wholly reliant on Jason Koumas (of Tranmere and Cardiff City fame) for any creativity and routinely calling up League One and even Conference players to fill out squads.

"That Brian Stock of Doncaster is decent, apparently."

(That said, the away trips were cracking though, taking away 2-300 fans to all sorts of European cities before the rest of Wales cottoned on to how much fun they were after we started to do well)

Edited by garynysmon

With all the talk of bubbles and so on, how are so many top-flight footballers still managing to contract Covid? Mahrez & Laporte now. It was David Silva, the other day. Maybe it's a City thing. These fuckers are already receiving priority treatment, in terms of testing. Just as well eh! Stop fucking with my fantasy football you assholes.

I think the feeling of apathy towards the season is down to a culmination of Covid, short gap between the end of last and the start of this, lack of transfers all around and the obvious lack of fans in grounds. Chuck in the fact we're pretty much older and jaded on here too and it's a real recipe for shoulder shruggery. I'm sure I'll enjoy it as it goes along but still.

I'm still thankful for it as an ordinary distraction. Covid's been a downer this year and I don't want to relinquish something else to it, so even if it's not quite the same I'll continue to enjoy having it on the go on Saturday afternoons with a few tins in the house.