General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, The Maestro said:

I think the feeling of apathy towards the season is down to a culmination of Covid, short gap between the end of last and the start of this, lack of transfers all around and the obvious lack of fans in grounds. Chuck in the fact we're pretty much older and jaded on here too and it's a real recipe for shoulder shruggery. I'm sure I'll enjoy it as it goes along but still.

So, obviously, Brizzle have got some Champ journeymen in, played almost none of them and still beat Cov 2-1. Even scored inside 20 seconds.

Liverpool/Leeds, without live talk, isn't dull either.

29 minutes ago, seph said:

still beat Cov 2-1. Even scored inside 20 seconds.

Not gonna lie, I would’ve been delighted with a point. Obviously two promotions in three seasons keep you optimistic but the gulf in league quality is massive. It’s a huge step up. 

• Paid Members

Can see Leeds being a really entertaining team to watch this year(I was sick in my mouth a little as I typed that!). They look like they have something about them going forward, have a manager who is world renowned for his tactical knowledge, and a defence that looks like it could struggle a bit. They could be on for a dood number of high scoring games at Elland Road...

Edit: the above is based on one match in the Premier League admittedly against the champions and a truly world class forward line, but also on what I saw from them last year in the Championship(the real best league in the world!) 

Edited by Cod Eye

Past 6 or 7 years, I've correctly called the eventual Champions before the season even started (apart from Leicester). Not because I'm great, just because it seemed obvious. Can't predict this year's at all. Liverpool: I'd be concerned about the form since March. Fewer clean sheets, more defeats & too much reliance on Salah. Man City: still too fragile at the back (how many fucking left backs do you need to try?), an ageing and more frequently injured Aguero, an older & more often played out of position Fernandinho + the losses of Sane & D. Silva & Pep's unwillingness to ever just lump the fucker, or park the bus if necessary. If things go particularly well for Man U or Chelsea, they could be serious contenders & even Arsenal could pinch a top-4 spot.

Just referring back to the Fantasy Football subject. I must have been playing these bloody things for over 25 years now (from when you had to phone your team and transfers in, with Rod Wallace, Regi Blinker & Paul Braithwaite being some of my earlier selections). I've played the Official Premier League game for the past 5 or 6 years (that's the one with around 6 million entrants), in addition to my main game with The Telegraph. Prior to that it was mostly the Mirror's game. Best ever finish was 188th or something similar.

Edited by KingofSports

On 9/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve done the fantasy league in work, I’m more excited about that to be honest. Three fullbacks and Mane, Salah and Greenwood in midfield. Garth ain’t got shit on me.

Me too mate. My team has never been in the Premier League & I sacked Sky Sports off years ago, so basically (other than the odd bit of MoTD) I get to see fuck all. Whislt I may still have preferences, essentially I couldn't care less. FF gives me a reason to care, a hobby & at times, something to occcupy my mind. Couldn't give a shit about the prize at the end of it, just being able to compete is enough. Such a shame that 'professionals' always seem to win these things, purchasing multiple teams & using spread betting (if that's the right phrase) & fucking algorithms. Bulgarians seem to have a habit of winning. They interviewed one winner & he was a statistician by 'profession'. It's not really in the spirit of the game is it? Take me on one on one, or five on five, bitch. Incidentally, last season's winner of the Official Premier League game (Bulgarian, I think) was stripped of that win, for racially abusing Raheem Sterling online!