4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:
  Hide contents

Ha, I was pretty damn sure it'd happen eventually with someone being eaten but that was fucked up.

Also, older Nat almost quoting Twin Peaks: The Return..

I'm confused and maybe I've missed something but help me out here.

Spoiler

In the very first scene of series 1 episode 1, we see someone fall into a spiked pit and then they all eat them (I assume)

Was that not Jackie? Wasn't she wearing her necklace? 

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm confused and maybe I've missed something but help me out here.

Reveal hidden contents

In the very first scene of series 1 episode 1, we see someone fall into a spiked pit and then they all eat them (I assume)

Was that not Jackie? Wasn't she wearing her necklace? 

Spoiler

Oh yeah, I don't think that was Jackie. Maybe one of the girls steals it for some reason and as punishment is chased out. The girls are obviously full cannibal cult whenever that happens.

• Paid Members

The Mrs and I started watching Ghosts last night. We watched two episodes last night and two tonight. I thought the first two episodes were alright, if nothing special, but I've just laughed my head off throughout the whole of the 'Free Pass' episode. I can see it getting better as the episodes go on, it's great fun so far. 

Finished another run through of This Country and still one of the best comedies ever.

Funniest moments this time: Both from the same episode (series 3 when Kurtan has driving lessons)

Firstly his incredulity when told about June's garden opening to the public "I BEG your pardon?" and when they ask Mandy whats in the plastic bag she's holding. "Just a brick in a pillowcase" I'm laughing again just thinking of it. She's an amazing character, as they all are.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Brian Cox is the fucking master. His rallying speech on this week’s Succession was fantastic. 

Absolutely. Also Alan Ruck in a single monologue turning the joke character of Connor into one of the saddest, most depressing characters ever was a pretty masterful performance too. What a show.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Finished another run through of This Country and still one of the best comedies ever.

Funniest moments this time: Both from the same episode (series 3 when Kurtan has driving lessons)

Firstly his incredulity when told about June's garden opening to the public "I BEG your pardon?" and when they ask Mandy whats in the plastic bag she's holding. "Just a brick in a pillowcase" I'm laughing again just thinking of it. She's an amazing character, as they all are.

This Country is quite possibly one of my favourite shows ever, just from the sheer subtlety to the dialogue. Its often moments such as the above that make me laugh the most, my favourite being Len shrugging his shoulder when Kerry is trying to sell him the juice stuff and a close second is Kurtan saying to Martin when they're about to fight 'Come on then, Charlie large potatoes'.

It's a shame that Daisy May Cooper has become quite unlikable outside of sitcoms (Nevermind the Buzzcocks, I'm looking at you), because shes absolutely fantastic in this and the Witchfinder. 

I’m a bit of a Steven Yeun fanboy so naturally I was going to watch Beef when it arrived on Netflix today.

I just finished it and it’s tons of fun, I’d highly recommend watching it.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
On 3/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Bad Sisters (Apple Telly) is just so bloody good. Only 3 episodes in but we’re absolutely hooked. Anything with Sharon Horgan in it is always going to be good, but all of the female leads are delivering exquisitely.

The antagonist is also putting an incredible shift in to help cement the storyline, but the supporting lads doing the insurance claim are hitting it out of the park. Genuine moments of hilarity, anger, worry and nerves throughout and we can’t wait to finish it off at the weekend.

Can’t recommend this enough.

Finally finished this. Thought it was six episodes but turned out it was ten. But bloody hell, what a ten it was. The last episode goes dark but this just got better and better with every episode. Bibi and Becka are two of my favourite characters for a long time.

The bloke who plays JP is such an amazing prick with his turn. 

Watch it!

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

The bloke who plays JP is such an amazing prick with his turn. 

Yeah he was great. Haven’t hated someone in a tv show like him for a long time. 

They’re making a second series and I don’t know why. It doesn’t need one and it was perfect as it is.