The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
On 12/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, air_raid said:

It’s fine if she’s eventually going to win the title at the Rumble or at Mania. It’s Raw with a one month build, it’s hardly Bobby Roode choking at Bound For Glory.

I would say “I stand by this” but… I don’t know about Day 1. Does anyone really give a shit or remember your big moment if it comes on a B show, Jeff Hardy/Edge first cash in about the only notable exceptions? And don’t “Kurt Angle” me, there were NO B shows in 2000.

15 hours ago, Statto said:

Vince/Bruce must really hate Minnesota for some reason.

Fucked over a lot by Rude and Hennigs various defections and never got over it? Flair bashing? Gets a weird rash because he’s in the home of the AWA? All of the above? Or it could just be Vince. Like me with Scousers.

9 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

One of the most demoralising aspects of being part of WWE production has to be choosing the right camera angles so it doesn't look that bad on TV.

And exhausting considering that angle will be the shot for one second before it cuts to another.

[quote]
I've never seen @WWE this bad.[/quote]

Eh. Kids. Like drawing that many to a decent arena is worse than having to run convention halls in [strike]Bumfuck[/strike] Bushkill in front of 1000 people to make ringside look packed?

1131516_1.jpg
DuVEtKZW0AE6sLx?format=jpg&name=large

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, air_raid said:

Eh. Kids. Like drawing that many to a decent arena is worse than having to run convention halls in [strike]Bumfuck[/strike] Bushkill in front of 1000 people to make ringside look packed?

1131516_1.jpg

You knew things were bad when you could see the celing of the 'arena'.

4 minutes ago, Statto said:

I'm on a variety of arena mailing lists from having bought tickets for WWE events on my trips to the states, and got one this morning offering buy one get one free on tickets for Smackdown in Birmingham AL.

Two-fers. Wow. You mean like you get a free spaghetti and meatballs if you bring another cheap comare douchebag in here? How 'bout an early bird special? Salad wagon? This is a fine dining establishment. I'll give it back to the bank before I turn into a fucking IHOP!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Statto said:

I'm on a variety of arena mailing lists from having bought tickets for WWE events on my trips to the states, and got one this morning offering buy one get one free on tickets for Smackdown in Birmingham AL.

Even then that's not as bad as the mid 90s dark days, I'd be amazed if anyone at Rumble 97 didn't get a free ticket off a bottle of Dr Pepper. 

Edited by Tommy!

They're offering buy 3 get 1 free tickets on Wrestlemania at the moment.   I don't know if that's only limited to cheaper seats, or all seats.   Pretty good deal if it includes the ones that cost about £2000 !

I can't imagine they ever legitimately thought they'd fill that place for 2 nights.

• Paid Members

Get a free pie n mash upon entry and a few complimentary tickets to the raffle and they could fill the Alamo Dome with keffers!

43 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Even then that's not as bad as the mid 90s dark days, I'd be amazed if anyone at Rumble 97 didn't get a free ticket off a bottle of Dr Pepper. 

A chair. 96-97 was all about “and you get to keep your chair!”

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, air_raid said:

A chair. 96-97 was all about “and you get to keep your chair!”

Poor Vlad sat there on Christmas day with 24 chairs and no guests. 

Rumble 97 was an amazing bit of making the house look good at any cost, they blacked out the PPV in parts of texas and gave away free tickets on Dr Pepper & Taco Bell meals. 

I've not watched it for a while but I'm sure Cornette goes through the tickets prices too and loads were less than £20 and some were cheaper than buying a drink at the venue just to make it look good on TV. 

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Poor Vlad sat there on Christmas day with 24 chairs and no guests. 

Rumble 97 was an amazing bit of making the house look good at any cost, they blacked out the PPV in parts of texas and gave away free tickets on Dr Pepper & Taco Bell meals. 

I've not watched it for a while but I'm sure Cornette goes through the tickets prices too and loads were less than £20 and some were cheaper than buying a drink at the venue just to make it look good on TV. 

I think they were selling tickets for $5 on the day.

16 hours ago, The Dart said:

They're offering buy 3 get 1 free tickets on Wrestlemania at the moment.   I don't know if that's only limited to cheaper seats, or all seats.   Pretty good deal if it includes the ones that cost about £2000 !

I can't imagine they ever legitimately thought they'd fill that place for 2 nights.

I'm not a fan of this 2 night WrestleMania thing at all.  Go back to having one big show on the same night, the way it should be.