The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Rhea's probably the coolest looking person on the roster, it's a shame they've got other women donning the punk look as it waters it down a tad.

Shotzi and Ruby? There's an issue if they're ever on the same roster because they won't be able to resist teaming them up. 

But Rhea is definitely more metal than punk, and it's enough of a difference to stand out. 

• Paid Members

Rhea Ripley transforming her look is one of the biggest success stories of the last few years. She was so generic when she originally came in that her existence didn’t even register. Now though? Superstar. 

65B7F672-97C5-422B-BD00-93640C5EE0E9.jpeg.03f090eafc73def86d142656aa44485b.jpeg

EDIT: It’s easy to forget after they Charlotte’d her and left her floundering in NXT for a year, but they’ve truly got something with Rhea. Check this out.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Being reported in several fairly credible places that as of Monday, the Raw announce team will be Corey Graves, Byron Saxton & Adnan Virk.

I'm very familiar with Adnan as he used to be one of ESPN's main college football studio hosts, until they marched him off the premises for leaking company information one day a couple of years ago. He's a good studio anchor, but I can't picture him doing PBP on Raw.

Dunno what this means for Samoa Joe, maybe a 3-man team with Cole & Graves on Smackdown, as I can definitely see Corey going back to doing both shows. Or possibly back into the ring...

Suspect this puts Tom Phillips out on his ear, although apparently the reason he was off Mania was covid-related rather than to do with this.

Adnan’s a great bloke. We hired him for DAZN when I was still in the States, and every time I met him he was lovely.

When he worked boxing for the first time, he was a breath of fresh air.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

On 4/11/2021 at 11:54 AM, Statto said:

Being reported in several fairly credible places that as of Monday, the Raw announce team will be Corey Graves, Byron Saxton & Adnan Virk.

I'm very familiar with Adnan as he used to be one of ESPN's main college football studio hosts, until they marched him off the premises for leaking company information one day a couple of years ago. He's a good studio anchor, but I can't picture him doing PBP on Raw.

Dunno what this means for Samoa Joe, maybe a 3-man team with Cole & Graves on Smackdown, as I can definitely see Corey going back to doing both shows. Or possibly back into the ring...

Suspect this puts Tom Phillips out on his ear, although apparently the reason he was off Mania was covid-related rather than to do with this.

Philips is doing 205 live and still maintains his management role for on air talents. 

• Paid Members

Wilson Phillips is off Raw? That's a shame. Hopefully the new bloke can cope with Vince in his ear. You reckon as well as 205 live he'll do those hour long recap/PPV hard sell shows for BT Sport. Do they even still have them? 

I imagine the most difficult part of having Vince in your ear nowadays is trying to decode what he's trying to say, considering he increasingly sounds halfway between a voice modulated ransom call and the guy from Cannibal Corpse. 

Feeling sorry for Nikki Cross. She got new gear made and posted to Twitter to watch Raw. She stood on stage at Wrestlemania crying but never was on the actual mania card. She's a great hand. What a worker. Nice girl. Remember talking to her in the street in Glasgow. She very down to earth.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Wilson Phillips is off Raw? That's a shame. Hopefully the new bloke can cope with Vince in his ear. You reckon as well as 205 live he'll do those hour long recap/PPV hard sell shows for BT Sport. Do they even still have them? 

Hold on?

Wilson Phillips' 'Hold On': From Bedroom Singalongs to 'Bridesmaids' -  Rolling Stone

1 hour ago, Hoptimus said:

Feeling sorry for Nikki Cross. She got new gear made and posted to Twitter to watch Raw. She stood on stage at Wrestlemania crying but never was on the actual mania card. She's a great hand. What a worker. Nice girl. Remember talking to her in the street in Glasgow. She very down to earth.

Possibly the nicest person in the world.