Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

We get the Fry’s not dogs and I’m reliably informed they’re lovely. The vegan co operative shop nearby used to do these barbecue tofu sausages which were pricey but the nicest ones ever. But they don’t stock them anymore, the hemp nonces. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Statto said:

The Cadbury's vegan chocolate is really, really fucking good.

It is, but there's a bit of uproar that a few weeks before they launched it, they put dairy into the big standard bournville bar so it was no longer vegan friendly. Then sure enough shortly after, they launch some new special vegan bars which are more expensive. Fairly cynical move given that bournville has been vegan pretty much forever and there was no reason to put dairy in it. 

Bournville's nice if you don't go in to it expecting Montezuma's or something. It's lower end dark chocolate and priced as such.

Edit: I forgot to say that the new "Choccie Dodgers" are vegan, basically the Jammie kind but with a chocolate filling!

Edited by Merzbow

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
25 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Tried the McPlant earlier, it was terrible and I’m not averse to meat substitutes either. Rubbery and tasted of nothing, I know this is McDonald’s but honestly, save yourself the bother (and fiver).

i disagree, but i like beyond meat subs. the cheese is not bad for vegan cheese. For price point and availability, its a good option, but there is much better out there.

25 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Burger King's offering is far better but from what I can remember it's cooked on the same surface as the meat, a bit shit really.

Burger King do two, The Royale is Vegan and cooked seperately but The Whopper is not and is cooked with the real Whoppers. They are launching some vegan nuggets soon which will be fully vegan and cooked seperately. KFC are also launching a vegan fried 'chicken' bucket soon.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Burger King do two, The Royale is Vegan and cooked seperately but The Whopper is not and is cooked with the real Whoppers. They are launching some vegan nuggets soon which will be fully vegan and cooked seperately. KFC are also launching a vegan fried 'chicken' bucket soon.

The nuggets came out yesterday and reliablely informed they are delish.\

i know KFC do a vegan bucket in some US states, is that what is coming over here? Because their burger is alright, but selected availability (1 in 3 of my local stores)