Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Just had the Aldi frozen No Chicken Kiev. Pretty impressive, breadcrumbs and garlic butter spot on and quite decent consistency on the 'chicken'

Had it with beans and hash browns for full school dinner feel.

spacer.png

£2 for 2.

I haven’t had a bad one from Asda or Tesco either. Kiev’s are good imitation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Everywhere is seemingly selling new vegan stuff for the new year and Veganuary including Burger King with it's Bakon King and McDonalds is finally selling a double McPlant.

Plus Aldi now have vegan pizzas again, this time they're stuffed crust.

The Burger King Burgers uses La Vie “bacon” which is the best I’ve come across. Subway also have a new Steak filling for Veganuary after dropping the meatballs and Tikka Chick’n they had previously 

• Paid Members

Lidl are just as bad. They're the nearest shop to me, and I basically never shop there because they don't have anything vegan in their main range. I popped in the other day to pick up some veg for the guinea pig, and thought I'd at least have a look what Veganuary stuff they said in (especially as all their marketing for it said "Meat Free", rather than Vegan or Plant-Based, which made me doubt they'd have much), and there's a few bits in the freezer, but nothing you can't get year-round elsewhere.

Anyone found anything interesting and unexpected anywhere? I tried Sainsbury's new southern fried chicken wrap for lunch today, it was rubbish.

Lidl are indeed shit, at least Aldi always has a decent frozen vegan section.

I tried the new kebab Pot Noodle today, they're almost always vegan as was this flavor and it was ok, it's never going to be great but I could easily demolish one again. I think the Katsu fusion is my favorite of them all.