Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

• 3 weeks later...

I had the Stabucks No Meatball Marinara Wrap today (is it a new thing or have I just not noticed it?)

Anyway, it was very good, meatballs not quite as nice as the Subway ones, but well worth a go. 

Perhaps if I didn't buy such things, I'd be able to buy a house but such is life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

McVitie's slogan used to be "You'll have to go a long, long way to find a better biscuit". They probably didn't take Ralphy and his walking into account.

• 1 month later...

I tried one of Tim Hortons Veggie Breakfast Wraps after Supersonic fest and what the fuck is in it? I get there's egg and hashbrown but the fake meat stuff tastes like nothing I've tasted before in my life, so weird. It's not even on the UK site yet but did seemingly come out elsewhere this year where it's apparently "Impossible Foods".

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I tried one of Tim Hortons Veggie Breakfast Wraps after Supersonic fest and what the fuck is in it? I get there's egg and hashbrown but the fake meat stuff tastes like nothing I've tasted before in my life, so weird. It's not even on the UK site yet but did seemingly come out elsewhere this year where it's apparently "Impossible Foods".

Impossible is like Moving Mountains over here. They provide a lot of chains and restaurants in the states with fake meat if Beyond didn’t get their first. I had the Impossible Whopper when I last went to the states which wasn’t too dissimilar to the UK version. I’m sure there is a reason why Impossible didn’t launch here, probably a banned chemical or something 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, Merzbow said:

I tried the TIm Hortons meatless cheese nacho burger today. I'm guessing the fake meat was the same as the breakfast wrap, it was very odd, just texture and no actual flavour that I could ascertain. There was plenty of other stuff on the burger to make it edible but I wouldnt be in a rush to have it again. I had my first proper doughnut from there too, it was gross. I'll stick to Tim Bits from now on.