Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chris B

Veggie / Vegan food

Recommended Posts

For various reasons, the previous thread has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, and it's not because of the food. 

A few people suggested creating a new one, so here you go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

richmondSIZED.png
081119_2-greencuisine_meatfree-burgers_4

I'm not a vegetarian, the wife is, but these two are a regular meal for both of us.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been cooking on Twitch for a bit now alongside the gaming stuff. Some of what I’ve made is Veggie friendly including Shakshuka and a Spinach and Feta Frittata. 

 

9AF7EEB3-E850-411B-B1D6-508783F80660.jpeg

85A189CF-2F71-4AED-9B59-6B9505DA4199.png

BB1BB709-1168-4925-BF7A-84EF6228B095.jpeg

Edited by FelatioLips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I’ve been cooking on Twitch for a bit now alongside the gaming stuff. Some of what I’ve made is Veggie friendly including Shakshuka and a Spinach and Feta Frittata. 

 

9AF7EEB3-E850-411B-B1D6-508783F80660.jpeg

85A189CF-2F71-4AED-9B59-6B9505DA4199.png

BB1BB709-1168-4925-BF7A-84EF6228B095.jpeg

Excellent work, both look fantastic, also, an upvote for the coco pops, fine choice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love those Richmond sausages. First time I had them I got my Wife to dig out the wrapper because I couldn't believe they weren't normal meat Richmond's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DEF said:

I absolutely love those Richmond sausages. First time I had them I got my Wife to dig out the wrapper because I couldn't believe they weren't normal meat Richmond's.

Regular Richmond's sausages aren't the best to begin with the amount of rusk added to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Regular Richmond's sausages aren't the best to begin with the amount of rusk added to them.

Oh yeah its proper #Eat Clean stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting a glut of courgettes in a month or so. Are there any good recipes or things to do with them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

They freeze very well, thank god, because they grow like fucking weeds. 

Fantastic. I planted 6 and later read that 1 is normally enough for an average family. I have never really cooked with them and am hoping to find a few good all veg recipes for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Fantastic. I planted 6 and later read that 1 is normally enough for an average family. I have never really cooked with them and am hoping to find a few good all veg recipes for them. 

I fear that 6 will provide so much bleeding courgette that you'll never want to eat one again as long as you live. You'll even annoy friends with your constant courgette generosity. They'll call you Tommy Courgette. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve tried a few of the fake-meat efforts now but I’m distinctly underwhelmed.  

I’m never quite sure i’m of the logic behind it if I’m honest.  There are so many great veggie or vegan recipes and products nowadays - I really like the Waitrose bean burgers for example.  Mrs Loki made chinese salt and pepper tofu slices the other day that was amazing.  So why the obsession with recreating the texture/taste of meat?

 Incidentally I’m liking the new veggie tolerant thread.  I’m about 75% veggie now but had to steer clear of the old thread as certain former posters would see that as inseparable from murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

 Incidentally I’m liking the new veggie tolerant thread.  I’m about 75% veggie now but had to steer clear of the old thread as certain former posters would see that as inseparable from murder.

I won't deny it was partly selfish - I've been vegetarian for 27 years, but not vegan. I go for a lot more vegan options than I used to, and I'm hoping to switch eventually.

In terms of recommendations, while the Linda McCartney range isn't always great, their Mozzarella Quarter-Pounders are really nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Loki said:

So why the obsession with recreating the texture/taste of meat?

A good point but remember a lot of people don't switch to vegan/veggie just for ethical reasons so still miss meat.

I didn't, and I'd kill every one of you for a bit of Bacon, nominative determinism be damned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...