Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

• Paid Members

I’ve been cooking on Twitch for a bit now alongside the gaming stuff. Some of what I’ve made is Veggie friendly including Shakshuka and a Spinach and Feta Frittata. 

9AF7EEB3-E850-411B-B1D6-508783F80660.jpeg

85A189CF-2F71-4AED-9B59-6B9505DA4199.png

BB1BB709-1168-4925-BF7A-84EF6228B095.jpeg

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

I absolutely love those Richmond sausages. First time I had them I got my Wife to dig out the wrapper because I couldn't believe they weren't normal meat Richmond's.

8 minutes ago, DEF said:

I absolutely love those Richmond sausages. First time I had them I got my Wife to dig out the wrapper because I couldn't believe they weren't normal meat Richmond's.

Regular Richmond's sausages aren't the best to begin with the amount of rusk added to them.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Regular Richmond's sausages aren't the best to begin with the amount of rusk added to them.

Oh yeah its proper #Eat Clean stuff.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

They freeze very well, thank god, because they grow like fucking weeds. 

Fantastic. I planted 6 and later read that 1 is normally enough for an average family. I have never really cooked with them and am hoping to find a few good all veg recipes for them. 

48 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Fantastic. I planted 6 and later read that 1 is normally enough for an average family. I have never really cooked with them and am hoping to find a few good all veg recipes for them. 

I fear that 6 will provide so much bleeding courgette that you'll never want to eat one again as long as you live. You'll even annoy friends with your constant courgette generosity. They'll call you Tommy Courgette. 

We’ve tried a few of the fake-meat efforts now but I’m distinctly underwhelmed.  

I’m never quite sure i’m of the logic behind it if I’m honest.  There are so many great veggie or vegan recipes and products nowadays - I really like the Waitrose bean burgers for example.  Mrs Loki made chinese salt and pepper tofu slices the other day that was amazing.  So why the obsession with recreating the texture/taste of meat?

Incidentally I’m liking the new veggie tolerant thread.  I’m about 75% veggie now but had to steer clear of the old thread as certain former posters would see that as inseparable from murder.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Incidentally I’m liking the new veggie tolerant thread.  I’m about 75% veggie now but had to steer clear of the old thread as certain former posters would see that as inseparable from murder.

I won't deny it was partly selfish - I've been vegetarian for 27 years, but not vegan. I go for a lot more vegan options than I used to, and I'm hoping to switch eventually.

In terms of recommendations, while the Linda McCartney range isn't always great, their Mozzarella Quarter-Pounders are really nice. 

28 minutes ago, Loki said:

So why the obsession with recreating the texture/taste of meat?

A good point but remember a lot of people don't switch to vegan/veggie just for ethical reasons so still miss meat.

I didn't, and I'd kill every one of you for a bit of Bacon, nominative determinism be damned.

I'm not vegan but my girlfriend is so naturally I end up eating some vegan food, and those Richmond sausages are seriously good. The worst meat free sausages I've had were the Heck ones. Some how it was the meatiest sausage I've ever put in my mouth (oh yes) like a solid mould of meaty protein that tasted of cheap hot dogs. I've not tried a Heck meat sausage so don't know what they're normally like