Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

That's definitely one of the main alternatives for making things at home but I think it's tapioca/potato starch that's used in a lot of gummy type sweets today. I know M&S, Asda and Aldi have gone down that route, it's made buying fizzy cola bottles or laces that much easier.

They almost always say suitable for vegetarians somewhere on them but not vegan, likely due to a chance of cross contamination.

Edited by Merzbow

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 9/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Just tried these and was pretty impressed. Very good texture, held together and they were very burgery. 7 year old didn't notice they were meat free as well, the absolute suckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

Just tried these and thought they were amazing, probably my new fave veggie burger. They were so disgusting coming out of the packet that I had no confidence in them but they fried really nicely.

• Paid Members

Obviously not posting this in the chippy tea thread, but went to Brighton which is obviously loaded with options. But on Saturday I went to What The Pita and had A Kebab Chip Box. They won best Takeaway at the UK Kebab awards, and while I’ve not had a Chicken donner in years, it tasted as I remembered. Really recommend it!

5305ECBB-3BDA-402D-9C95-5D14CA06F076.jpeg

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Obviously not posting this in the chippy tea thread, but went to Brighton which is obviously loaded with options. But on Saturday I went to What The Pita and had A Kebab Chip Box. They won best Takeaway at the UK Kebab awards, and while I’ve not had a Chicken donner in years, it tasted as I remembered. Really recommend it!

Is it Vegan? 

26 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Was really disappointed in What The Pita when I went to be honest. I thought the texture of the 'chicken' was a bit off, and they drowned it in sauce to compensate. But could've been an off day I guess.

Luckily there are a shitload of options in Brighton.