Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

• Paid Members

The Vivera Greek kebab stuff is great too.

Edit: while I'm here, full marks for the entire Squeaky Bean 'sandwich meats' range. I've been basically living off the pastrami for months.

Edited by Statto
Pastrami.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

She knows plenty. All soya fake dairy products taste like chalk.

I'm still looking for a decent alternative yoghurt incidentally. Haven't found anything passable yet.

I find myself googling the same articles / companies to read about lab made milk and dairy products about twice a week at the minute. Really having a hard time with the idea of kicking dairy.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

12 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

She knows plenty. All soya fake dairy products taste like chalk.

I'm still looking for a decent alternative yoghurt incidentally. Haven't found anything passable yet.

I find myself googling the same articles / companies to read about lab made milk and dairy products about twice a week at the minute. Really having a hard time with the idea of kicking dairy.

I'll eat actual chalk if its 80p for 500ml. I'm not fussy.

In honesty I still struggle with yoghurts and cheese as I don't like any of the dairy free options. It's only these holding me back as I really detest cows milk.

On the yoghurt front it's also cost, because I'll happily sit and go through 6 or 8 in a row but thats ok when its Morrisons own at 30 odd p a pack. Not when its £2 for 4 (but well aware this is a self made problem)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

Anyone tried the new Burger King Vegan range yet? I'm planning on getting the Vegan Royale when I have my second Covid jab next week.

Monday’s you get them for £1.99. But the Whopper is plant based, not Vegan as it can be cooked on the same grill. So whilst some Vegans will still eat it, officially it’s not vegan. The royale is cooked with the fries. I enjoyed them both.

@Chest Rockwellmy misses went from Greek yogurt to the asda own brand soya one. She doesn’t think it’s chalky at all, but i don’t eat yogurt, nor do I get a chalky taste from soya products