Veggie / Vegan food

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just tried one of these on the strength of the recommendations in this thread. Really good! Hope it's ok on the way out as some of these meat subs fuck with my guts but I really liked it.

Decent aren't they? One of the 'burgery-ist' ones I've had. Those and the Meat Free Richmond sausages are still my favourite meat free products at the moment.

Tried these the other day and they are fucking shit. Avoid.  spacer.png

Edited by SuperBacon
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been cooking on Twitch for a bit now alongside the gaming stuff. Some of what I’ve made is Veggie friendly including Shakshuka and a Spinach and Feta Frittata.   

Made Veggie Lasagna last night. Was very nice!

I’ve found that the trick with Quorn mince is to not cook it like meat.  If you’re making a bolognese or chilli or something, make the sauce but stick the Quorn mince in right at the end for about

Posted Images

The Moving Mountains burgers are probably my favourite meat-free burger. As a meat eater, I can’t notice the difference. It’s just a shame they’re only available from cash & carrys. But it does mean we have 20 in the freezer now. 
I think Harvester pubs serve them. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

The Moving Mountains burgers are probably my favourite meat-free burger. As a meat eater, I can’t notice the difference. It’s just a shame they’re only available from cash & carrys. But it does mean we have 20 in the freezer now. 
I think Harvester pubs serve them. 

Beyond are very similar but can be bought at supermarkets and Costco

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Had my first Beyond Burger earlier. Holy crap they are good. Easily the best imitation meat I've had. Really knocked my socks off. A fiver for 2 burgers is steep but I'd pay a tenner they are so good.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DEF said:

Had my first Beyond Burger earlier. Holy crap they are good. Easily the best imitation meat I've had. Really knocked my socks off. A fiver for 2 burgers is steep but I'd pay a tenner they are so good.

I got 10 for £16 in Costco a few weeks back. I mean, still pricy but but worth it.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I got 10 for £16 in Costco a few weeks back. I mean, still pricy but but worth it.

Ooooh I'm going hit that up asap. They are remarkable.