Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm trying to reduce my dairy intake at the moment. Where do you get that from?

I get mine from Asda.

I'm pretty high on Asda at the moment really. Aldi seem to have gone off the boil a bit with their veggie / vegan stuff.

Maybe that's just the ones round here though, I don't know.

4 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

I get mine from Asda.

I'm pretty high on Asda at the moment really. Aldi seem to have gone off the boil a bit with their veggie / vegan stuff.

Maybe that's just the ones round here though, I don't know.

That's shit, my local Aldi has more than ever now in both the frozen and fridge sections. No cheese alternatives tho.

58 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's shit, my local Aldi has more than ever now in both the frozen and fridge sections. No cheese alternatives tho.

Must just be round here then. It seems to vary from branch to branch.

Since they stopped doing the jackfruit parcels, I've found the exact same thing at Morrison's, which is handy.

Well, after reading this thread, I got some of the Moving Mountains burgers, sausage burgers and hot dog sausages to try yesterday, along with some Richmond meat-free sausages.

Fuck me, those Moving Mountains things are expensive. At least I managed to get a three for £10 deal on them, which wasn't quite as bad. £4.50 each otherwise!

Who on here do I write to for a refund if I don't like them?

Also, I take back everything I said about Aldi having dipped in the veggie / vegan range. I went yesterday, for the first time in about a month, and they've got TONS of new stuff, as well as a load of old stuff back in. Top drawer!

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Fuck me, those Moving Mountains things are expensive. At least I managed to get a three for £10 deal on them, which wasn't quite as bad. £4.50 each otherwise!

They aren’t £4.50 each though. 2 burgers or 4 sausages in a pack, though currently £1 off in Sainsbury’s. Moving Mountains are used by lots of chains like Harvester and Frankie and Bennys though. 

C4ACFFB4-4053-4937-A879-7CD5F679E861.jpeg

16 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Also, I take back everything I said about Aldi having dipped in the veggie / vegan range. I went yesterday, for the first time in about a month, and they've got TONS of new stuff, as well as a load of old stuff back in. Top drawer!

This will sound a tad ungrateful towards supermarkets, but that’s the trouble with veganuary. You get all this choice and it’s fantastic. Then come February you can’t find a couple of products that you’ve discovered and you’re back to only a few options. So if there is stuff in the frozen section you like, stock up in the last week of January because you may never see them again!

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

This will sound a tad ungrateful towards supermarkets, but that’s the trouble with veganuary. You get all this choice and it’s fantastic. Then come February you can’t find a couple of products that you’ve discovered and you’re back to only a few options. So if there is stuff in the frozen section you like, stock up in the last week of January because you may never see them again!

I might have to spend this weekend trying all the new stuff I've bought then.

Diet, hold my beer. Diabetes, you're back in the game.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Think you’re splitting hairs a bit there, Scorch. 

Each suggests to me per item, not pack. I’m not pointing out the £4.50/£3.50 thing (just highlighting a supermarket offer). But there is a difference in saying per pack and each. For me those, and beyond which are normally £5 for 2, are good value for the quality and for something you shouldn’t eat that often. They are treats right? 

Maybe I’ve misunderstood the language. But i wasn’t trying to come across as a moody bugger. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Well, after reading this thread, I got some of the Moving Mountains burgers, sausage burgers and hot dog sausages to try yesterday, along with some Richmond meat-free sausages.

Fuck me, those Moving Mountains things are expensive.

They are, but get some muffins & make a McMuffin thing with the sausage burgers & some tofu scramble, and you'll soon be happy.