Veggie / Vegan food

Chris B

I haven't tried the KFC Burger yet @Hannibal Scorchas I had heard mixed reviews. The bucket will be launched in most outlets so think it will be fairly widely available. I'm not sure if it's the same as the one in the US but would imagine so. I will be giving it a try when its launched.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I haven't tried the KFC Burger yet @Hannibal Scorchas I had heard mixed reviews. The bucket will be launched in most outlets so think it will be fairly widely available. I'm not sure if it's the same as the one in the US but would imagine so. I will be giving it a try when its launched.

It’s a Quorn burger but the coating apes the traditional 11 herbs and spices. You’re enjoyment will depend on how you rate Quorn’s chicken products. I think it’s decent, but I think the Vegan Royale May beat it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
5 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Found a veggie version of chicken salt (by accident, I wanted to try the normal stuff). Fuck, Australia got this one right.

I thought all Chicken Salt was veggie? All the ones I’ve ever had have been (but maybe that’s just what my friends down under have sent me). They also use it at Temple of Seitan which I took a meat eater friend to the other day. Still a great place to go if you’re ever in London.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm about 3 years late on this one but I just tried the KFC vegan burger and really liked it. They were a bit stingy with the mayo so it was a little dry and because we were at home, I added a slice of cheese but it didn't need it. The consistency of the Quorn was really nice and the coating was delicious. Think I may prefer this to the Burger King one. It's a shame KFC's choice of sides is a bit shit.

Edited by deathrey

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
9 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Whats the best plant based beef burger substitute ?

Tried the Linda McCartney one and it was not bad but not good either.

Beyond Burgers by far. They are pricey though. Future Food, Moving Mountains and Gro at Co-Op & No Bull at Iceland are also excellent. 

For proper cheap tasting burgers, Asda’s pack of 8 are good.

17 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Whats the best plant based beef burger substitute ?

Tried the Linda McCartney one and it was not bad but not good either.

Plant Chef ones from Tesco are the best ones. 

These ones: spacer.png

Morrisons do excellent VFM frozen ones, but they have disappeared recently sadly.

I find Beyond hugely overrated given the price tag and variety of other choices available thesedays.  Moving Mountains are good but I agree with @SuperBacon above that Tesco's own brand are nice, as are Morrisons.  There's so much variety thesedays that it's actually harder to find bad ones than good I find, though strangely enough (given they've been around longer that most of the other brands) Linda McCartney tend to be way down the list on most things in my view.  Quorn too.