VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Ridiculous to think that several years ago almost nobody had heard of Wake in Fright. Just goes to show how important it is to preserve film history, so many forgotten gems still out there, practically unknown.

life mix GIF

This is the sweatiest man in film. I get clammy hands just watching it (too obvious come on)

I watched Once Upon A Time In America for the first time yesterday. I can't quite work out if I massively enjoyed it, but it was superb and I was never bored. 

Also finished the Wes Anderson films with The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou which I loved, and The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I did not love.

Rushmore is the best one and Max is one of the all time top shits in cinema.

High Fidelity for the 100th time, which is still and forever will be 11/10.

Watched something called Premonition which had Sandra Bullock in it and was shite. Tonight I was looking through Netflix, fancied something light and thought Moxie looked ok after reading the synopsis. It wasn’t ok, it was brilliant and had a super Kathleen Hanna heavy soundtrack. Five fingers up to the patriarchy. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Watched something called Premonition which had Sandra Bullock in it and was shite. 

Shame there wasn’t some kind of feeling you had before watching it to warn you it wasn’t worth the time or effort to watch it.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
On 8/31/2021 at 12:52 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Great visual joke in it where someone hears a creak and ominous cello music ramps up. 

El Bimbo, aka the Blue Oyster music was my ringtone for ages years ago. Had to rip it from YouTube though as can’t find the version used in the films anywhere!

Most famous version of it. "El Bimbo" by Paul Mauriat from 1977.,

Here's another tune from the "Blue Oyster Bar". I know all the songs, like. I can't remember what sequel it was. Earlene Bentley - "The Boys Come to Town"..