WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

13 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

The lack of lock-on is absolutely infuriating. Equally annoying, I can't seem to find a way of setting hotkeys for inventory items. If I'm halfway through a battle with a big fuck off ogre, I want to be able to just press a button to use a stamina potion or a fire spell or whatever, not fanny around in my inventory and scroll through everything to find whatever it is that I want to use. Also, I wish the pawns would shut the fuck up.

I wanted to change my character class to try something different, so I went to the main menu to start a new game. Nope, can’t do that. Can’t delete your save file and start over. I had to access the system settings of my PS5 and delete the save file from there. With this and other issues that I didn’t see raised in the reviews I watched, it does make me question the legitimacy of those reviews. I’m close to tapping out on this game, it’s so frustrating.

Hang about, did you start a new game just to try a different class? Just go to the vocation guilds, you can change class there whenever you want...

Last night I did loads of exploring and found a semi-secret area with a fairly long-winded questline that was split into five parts. I did the first three bits, then the fourth asked me to go back to the exact spot where I picked up my first seeker's token. Absolutely no idea where that was, and the only way to find out seems to be to check an online map of where all the tokens are and go around all of the ones that are in areas that I've already visited. I'm guessing I probably picked one up in the opening areas, but who knows. It feels like far too much hassle to bother with, so I'll just let the quest expire (I think it said you get six in-game days to do it). Complete nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone here is a madden fan but the madden ultimate team now has added roman reigns as an re that you are able to unlock and also Carl weathers has been added on there too!

I've started playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and it's absolute dog dirt.

Although I think my problem is I played ACI&II when they came out then didn't play any others until I played Origin and Odyssey - both of which I loved. Syndicate is the last one before they toned down the parkour element a lot, so it kind of feels like going backwards for me. The controls are awful, but again, I think it's because I got so used to the style of Origin and Odyssey.

Theres also so many awful Cockney accents.

My dog goes mad when I play it too because the bleep that sounds when new waypoints appear during missions sounds just like the bleep of the Amazon delivery drivers barcode scanner. So he thinks there someone at the front door all the time and it's driving me crazy. I'm considering giving up on the game just because of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it, but like @Nexus, I left it be when I finished the main story. That may partly be down to the fact my gaming backlog is so enormous I don’t really have time to 100% games though, it certainly wasn’t down to a lack of enjoyment.

40 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Fantastic fun, and it goes for quite a long time. However, I did then drop it when I finished the questline. 

I hope you didn’t damage it.