WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Really need to give GTAIV another chance.

Honestly I'm not even remotely excited for GTAVI. I enjoyed V when it first released the but  have never managed to complete a second play through. 

Edit. 

Also I really need to finally complete Red Dead 2.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

IV was the most disappointing title for me. Don't like Liberty City as a setting, not varied enough compared to Vice City, San Andreas or Los Santos so was bored by the endless amounts of city buildings. Thought the story was a bit dull and Brucey aside I wasn't really into the characters. Gameplay and graphics however were very impressive. V pisses all over this, so does San Andreas and Vice City despite being Scarface and Boyz N Da Hood regens.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I hate played through V, managed to finish it but couldn't stand most of the story and characters. An edgy rapist that sounded like he's from Rick & Morty? Nah, that's not for me.

I'm playing through it on Steam Deck at the moment, after not finishing it first time round. I remember hating Trevor during my original playthrough on PS3, but I despise him even more this time round. There's nothing redeeming about the character, he's utterly vile. 

• Paid Members
On 10/1/2022 at 2:09 PM, gmoney said:

Yeah, IV is janky as fuck.

I did buy it last year to see how it looked, only to be met with the shitty Rockstar Club DRM that did not feel like connecting to the internet so it was completely unplayable.

This crap really should be patched out.

• Paid Members

I gave up on 4 before the end because I got stuck on a mission (I had to follow something on a bike I think), but remember next to nothing from it sadly. Now part of that is me being in a right low at the time but it's always worrying when the only thing I remember from the whole thing is the annoying cousin constantly asking me to go out and play. 

I've read criticisms of the characters in 5 but at least i remember them, and it clearly plays into you possibly hating one of them to kill them off at the end. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

but remember next to nothing from it sadly.

I think that's the most telling thing about IV. I recall loads about Vice City and V, and like many on here can probably recount San Andreas mission for bloody mission. I remember Brucey going on about shark testosterone and Roman pestering me about playing darts but that's about it. It was pretty forgettable. 

• Paid Members

I decided to buy an original Xbox over the weekend. It's one console I never had growing up. What would you recommend?

It came with a decent batch of games already;

Spoiler

Fifa 2003 & 2004

Fifa Street 2

Rallisport Challenge

Conflict: Global Storm

Mercenaries

Fire Blade

Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2

Juiced

XIII

Splinter Cell & SC: Pandora Tomorrow

Gun

Sid Meiers Pirates

Rainbow Six: Black Arrow & Rainbow Six: Lockdown

Black

Vexxx

LMA Manager 2005

Forza Motorsport

Tony Hawks Undergound

Full Spectrum Warrior

There's a few there that I remember loving on the PS2, especially THUG, Black and Mercenaries, so I'm looking forwards to getting stuck into them. But are there any lessor-known games I should seek out?